Gates Cambridge 2018-2019

Russ1313

5 minutes ago, blmge said:

Thanks!! 27th and 28th of March. Can request a date but wont find out timetables or panels until after the invites have all gone out and been accepted

And Akimtansi my applicant portal changed today to show my college offer? Or do you mean a different portal?

I mean the Cambridge graduate applicant portal. My applicant's page has been displaying " Application Under Review by Department" since I submitted my application on 5th December.

27 minutes ago, Akintansi said:

I mean the Cambridge graduate applicant portal. My applicant's page has been displaying " Application Under Review by Department" since I submitted my application on 5th December.

I received an email from my department with an offer around the 14th feb then an official offer on the 22nd, from memory my portal only changed once i recieved that second email.

Each department would have different numbers of applications to consider so would likely have different timelines for when you would hear back.

4 minutes ago, blmge said:

I received an email from my department with an offer around the 14th feb then an official offer on the 22nd, from memory my portal only changed once i recieved that second email.

Each department would have different numbers of applications to consider so would likely have different timelines for when you would hear back.

Thank You

28 minutes ago, AHopeful said:

If you've already been accepted to the post-grad program, but are waiting to hear on gates cambridge interview, will they send a specific email notifying of interview invite/denial?

I'm not sure about denials but they send an email invite yes. The email asked me to accept 'no later than the 8th of March' so reserve candidates can be promoted -based on that I would assume the 8th is around the latest applicants would hear

I also received an invitation to interview this morning for the Social Sciences panel. Two year ago, I was not offered an interview and did not hear any news or updates from the Trust until after the scholarships had been awarded to successful candidates. Good luck to all!

5 minutes ago, ScienceGuy said:

I'm a hopeful that would be interviewed by the Biological Sciences Panel! Haven't heard anything yet and hoping they just haven't rolled out yet... Crossing my fingers! Good luck, everyone!

I am hopeful for the biological science panel interview too. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, mg878 said:

well, looks like everyone who got invited today are from social sciences panel

also waiting (still have some hope). from social science panel. 

25 minutes ago, mg878 said:

I am quoting Colette from Gates who just replied to my email:

"Thank you for your email. Successful candidates will hear back by end of this week, early next week."

So, we still have to wait

AHHHH THE WAIT IS TOO MUCH

I also received an invitation to interview this morning for the Physical Sciences panel. I wish a good luck to people who are still waiting for invitations for Gates!

Thank you all for sharing updates since I have been following this group for a while. 

3 minutes ago, SMB said:

I also received an invitation to interview this morning for the Physical Sciences panel. I wish a good luck to people who are still waiting for invitations for Gates!

Thank you all for sharing updates since I have been following this group for a while. 

congrats!

So do they give you a 48hrs deadline to get back to them?