Jump to content

Gates Cambridge 2018-2019


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you!! Where did you hear this, if you don't mind me asking? 

I've heard the results (interview invitations) will be out on Wednesday. So will stop checking my email every 10 minutes.  

I assume it means increased interest! I was interviewed this week for my MPhil via Skype. A few days later,  I was recommended for admission into the school by the department. Still waiting to hear ba

i just noticed something and thought i would share here and get your views:

i got accepted to the phd genetics programme in early feb.

it looks like the gates has a relatively predictable trajectory of how many geneticists they support every year (avg ~1 and sd ~1). is it the same in your programmes too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mg878 said:

i just noticed something and thought i would share here and get your views:

i got accepted to the phd genetics programme in early feb.

it looks like the gates has a relatively predictable trajectory of how many geneticists they support every year (avg ~1 and sd ~1). is it the same in your programmes too?

I looked at this as well and found something similar (Gender Studies). No one from the US was from the program, so I probably have my hopes (unreasonably) high. But yeah, tends to be 1-2 for me too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cshal said:

I looked at this as well and found something similar (Gender Studies). No one from the US was from the program, so I probably have my hopes (unreasonably) high. But yeah, tends to be 1-2 for me too.

same!

i didn't see anyone from the US either!

Best of luck to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mg878 said:

same!

i didn't see anyone from the US either!

Best of luck to you.

Let's hope we're onto something then, hahaha!! Good luck. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Risate said:

I know Americans who received the fellowship as applicants to the international round, so it's definitely possible :)

you mean they have dual citizenships? i think the website says that the 35 people from the US have already been selected (their names are on their website).

So, you are saying that out of the remaining 55 scholarships, some will be offered to applicants from the States again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mg878 said:

you mean they have dual citizenships? i think the website says that the 35 people from the US have already been selected (their names are on their website).

So, you are saying that out of the remaining 55 scholarships, some will be offered to applicants from the States again?

@mg878: My understanding of the two-phase process is that your applicant pool is determined by residency rather than nationality. I am an American living abroad (who does not hold dual citizenship) and after consulting the Trust was told that I must apply in the international round. So yes, Americans can and have received fellowships as second-round applicants. Hope this helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHopeful said:

Anyone know if they will issue rejection emails as well?

they very likely will. some received the rejection emails a day after they sent out the emails to applicants who got shortlisted/accepted. 

Edited by mg878
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, blmge said:

Just got an interview invite, they're out! (or they are rolling out for arts at least)

congratulations to you!

Has there been a change on your applicant's portal page? For me till now it remains "Under Review by Department"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!! 27th and 28th of March. Can request a date but wont find out timetables or panels until after the invites have all gone out and been accepted

 

And Akimtansi my applicant portal changed today to show my college offer? Or do you mean a different portal?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.