Fall 2018 Application

I applied to CSUEB, San Jose State and U Chicago. 

I have been accepted into CSUEB and U Chicago! Still waiting to hear from San Jose State but I probably won't be going there. I had a 2.8 undergraduate GPA so I'm pretty much in shock. Hard work really does pay off. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear from schools!

On 2/22/2018 at 6:06 PM, jamie83 said:

I applied to UW's MSW program as well! The wait is killing me too! Argh!!

I got an admission offer yesterday afternoon!!! Have you heard back yet? 

Strangely enough haven't heard back from CSUF after my interview this past week.

Edited by TheAnxiousGuy

1 hour ago, TheAnxiousGuy said:

I got an admission offer yesterday afternoon!!! Have you heard back yet? 

Strangely enough haven't heard back from CSUF after my interview this past week.

Congrats! I heard back yesterday too! I applied to the day program but got an offer to the extended degree program. Not totally stoked about that but it's better than nothing. Guess we'll be classmates. :)

10 minutes ago, NalaBlue said:

Congrats! I thought it said you were attending Loyola so was just a bit confused. Thats awesome tho!!!

I am! I declined the offer right after receiving it. 

23 hours ago, Chickens said:

Has anyone heard from BU? I’ve hardly seen anything about them. Their admitted students day is April 7th so I feel like we should hear soon? I’ve called but haven’t been able to get a hold of anyone the last few days.

A few of us in the BC forum have been ranting about this. We're all waiting on BC and BU. I personally have asked for extensions from other schools and time is running out. I'm planning on accepting UPenn as I received a 36k scholarship. It's getting kind of ridiculous waiting on these schools after being told 3-6weeks when its been WAY over. 

6 minutes ago, NYMSW2018 said:

A few of us in the BC forum have been ranting about this. We're all waiting on BC and BU. I personally have asked for extensions from other schools and time is running out. I'm planning on accepting UPenn as I received a 36k scholarship. It's getting kind of ridiculous waiting on these schools after being told 3-6weeks when its been WAY over. 

I’m in Boston so I popped by yesterday since I was in the area. They said I’d know by the end of the day but still nothing! So frustrating and I’m pretty set on accepting a different program as well even though they moved up in terms of ranking. Hopefully we find out soon!

7 hours ago, NYMSW2018 said:

Update: I just heard from BU! I'm in! Not sure if I'm going, but excited nevertheless!

45 minutes ago, wdj96 said:

Cogratulations @Chickens! When did you apply? 

I applied 1st week of January I think? Their deadline is 4/9 (weirdly soon!) so I’m sure everyone will hear soon! I found out at 9:30 Boston time which I thought was also weird. Good luck!!!

1 hour ago, pettyaspraxis said:

has anyone heard from CUNY Hunter yet? I saw a couple of acceptances but haven't got an official rejection from them even though I sent in my app back in december...

Did they invite you to an interview? I have not personally applied to Hunter but that seems to be a standard part of their admissions process. My friend never heard from them about an interview last year so she assumed that she didn’t get in despite, to my knowledge, never receiving an actual rejection letter.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!!! I hope you’re doing swell!

It’s April and it’s been a looooong journey! Though it is not over for all of us, I’d love to hear where everyone has decided to committ to. It’s been great hearing everyone’s stats and results.

I have high hopes for everyone in this field and I look forward to calling you my colleagues. Make change whenever you go!!

22 minutes ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

It’s April and it’s been a looooong journey! Though it is not over for all of us, I’d love to hear where everyone has decided to committ to. It’s been great hearing everyone’s stats and results.

I have high hopes for everyone in this field and I look forward to calling you my colleagues. Make change whenever you go!!

Fordham University, Lincoln Center.

32 minutes ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Loyola Chicago University!!

3 hours ago, breannmarie said:

Fordham University, Lincoln Center.

3 hours ago, HannahRae said:

Loyola Chicago University!!

Wow!! Congrats to you both ? I’ll be in New York too @breannmarie if youre ever in the Harlem area!