Critical Language Scholarship 2018

Mateng

My guess is Thursday. If it's not by Thursday, I'll cry. I can't focus on any work knowing we're at the end of the line for this. 

Also, it's so tempting to check your e-mail every five seconds, but I doubt they're going to send the notifications before 4:30 PM eastern time.  Even the semi-finalist notifications were sent around that time. So, that means 3:30 PM for the centrals and 1:30 PM for the pacifics.  

6 minutes ago, serapi said:

Just created an account to join the discussion. I’m a first time applicant to CLS and a semi finalist for Korean. So so anxious to hear back! Anyone think today will be the day?

I doubt it, but hope like everyone else, seeing as they have responded very vaguely to when they would send notifications and last year they sent them March 7 I think.

4 minutes ago, woshimeiguoren said:

Maybe this year will be another year where they'll send out the decisions possibly March 7

Seeing as we're past the 26 and 27, it seems very likely, I hope we're wrong but we should start considering the possibility of not knowing until next week.

A non-refundable enrollment fee will be charged to my account tomorrow for a 10-day study abroad course in May. If CLS pre-departure orientation overlaps with it, I'll have to cancel and that's a sunk cost. If not, my current study abroad scholarships cover it.

It's frustrating that they won't even say when the orientation will be.

Looking over previous years' threads here, it seems that orientation is usually in June. That is a relief to me, and takes a lot of stress off of this. I have backup plans for June and July (even though CLS is what I really want to do), so I don't need to panic anymore.

Edit: Still checking email too frequently.

Edited by TwentyNine

59 minutes ago, woshimeiguoren said:

There's also the other possibility that they may send out the finalist emails at 4:59 to avoid the phone calls and emails they'd be getting later.

Pretty sure that’ll be the case. 

Edit: I would love to work one of these programs one year so I can see the insanity that probably happens. 

Edited by emopeacock