Critical Language Scholarship 2018

Mateng

53 minutes ago, BigBoi said:

TwentyNine is joking boys and girls! No need to freak out lol

Yeah, I am q:

23 minutes ago, ItsAllTheyHad said:

I'm doing some mental acrobatics justifying that the email MUST come today because I read somewhere that we would know BY March, which begins at midnight. Maybe we find out at 11:59 p.m. today?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it within the next forty minutes. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to Friday, either. They changed the FAQ to say that it might come in early March, as someone pointed out earlier -_-

Edit: Study disengaged for next 27 minutes. Staring at screen. Active wait mode.

Edited by TwentyNine
Added quote

30 minutes ago, TwentyNine said:

They changed the FAQ to say that it might come in early March, as someone pointed out earlier -_-

Edit: Study disengaged for next 27 minutes. Staring at screen. Active wait mode.

If they changed they changed the fact but stated it will come this week,  expect Friday at 4:59 p.m. EST. I've lost faith for today but will continue to refresh my email :rolleyes:

Please prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, emopeacock said:

Pretty sure that’ll be the case. 

Edit: I would love to work one of these programs one year so I can see the insanity that probably happens. 

@emopeacock I worked in non-profit administration for three years and it was HELL. I can only conjecture that this job is even harder. Think of all the applications they have to go through, the logistics and coordination and planning for the sites, all the communications they have to manage, and even more responsibilities. That's why I feel terrible any time I have to e-mail them with a question.   

2 hours ago, dragon_seed said:

@emopeacock I worked in non-profit administration for three years and it was HELL. I can only conjecture that this job is even harder. Think of all the applications they have to go through, the logistics and coordination and planning for the sites, all the communications they have to manage, and even more responsibilities. That's why I feel terrible any time I have to e-mail them with a question.   

It seems like we’re just closer to the tradition in getting the notifications during the march week rather than late February. The notifications are coming later and later each year, quite similar to the Boren program, the vagueness even reminds me of it. I think I read that last year they also replied that notifications would be out one week and sent them the next which pissed off some people because of the lack of transparency. By this pattern, I suggest everyone keeps their expectations flexible to when we will know.

I feel like for the future they should put on the application that the results will come out in early March. It's just slightly annoying to say one thing and then do another. I'm pretty sure it's complete hell though for them since they have to finalize the site placements, and the other things. So I'm not too annoyed, only with the fact that they said late Feb and now it's into March.

I'd say it's more than slightly annoying; I'm sure a lot of people have potential employers waiting for the results. I'm supposed to do an internship in China if this falls through, but this is going to make it really difficult to finalize everything...

There is zero tolerance if applications come in late, but it seems that results are on a very loose timeline...

Edited by TwentyNine

In support of everyone here annoyed, I'd like to say your annoyance is completely valid. 

In other less hopeful news, I recently read that someone called today and CLS said they wold send notifications early March period and they would not come out past a week from now. I read this on the Facebook, I know some people here have put some stuff on the line in hope of acceptance and your frustrations are entirely valid. Keep in mind, this is a US State Department sponsored program so this is completely normal, tbh it really reminds me of Boren.  I think it's better just to move your expectations to next week rather than this week, if the emails come this week then we'll be impressed and happier.

refreshing intensifies

Not yet. I'll accept whatever I get, but *really* hoping for good news.

Assuming rejected or alternate status for Japanese, since I don't have it yet. We'll see in a few minutes.

Edited by TwentyNine

Alternate for advanced Japanese.

Hmmm.....

Well, I'm honored to have made it here, and the lateness of the notification may mean that a spot will open for me. But, I'm going to start the process of getting my internship in China.

Congratulations, everyone!

Edited by TwentyNine