Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

On 11/8/2017 at 12:34 PM, punkwich said:

sidenote - does anyone know how long it takes for GRE scores to get sent to universities?

I've heard 10-15 days

On 11/8/2017 at 12:30 PM, punkwich said:

Been waiting for this thread to pop up! where is everyone applying?

For clinical I have:

OISE School and Clinical Child Psychology
Dalhousie
Ryerson
UBC
Simon Fraser
Concordia
Guelph
Fordham (in the states)

Then I also have school psych at McGill.

Where are you applying? We're so close to the end!

32 minutes ago, ContentFaces said:

I've heard 10-15 days

For clinical I have:

OISE School and Clinical Child Psychology
Dalhousie
Ryerson
UBC
Simon Fraser
Concordia
Guelph
Fordham (in the states)

Then I also have school psych at McGill.

Where are you applying? We're so close to the end!

I'm applying to Dalhousie, Ryerson, Simon Fraser, UVic, Calgary, UManitoba, Lakehead, Concordia and UNB! I know, so ready for things to start happening.

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to you all :) I'm a first year clinical student and I found this thread super helpful and supportive last year. 

I know you've all worked hard to get to this point and I hope it pays off!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

This is my 2nd year applying to Canadian Clinical Psych programs - I was a lurker last year on Grad Cafe, but decided I would join in this year. Hopefully this is the year for all of us to get in :).

I am applying to Guelph (CP:ADE), York (CD area), U of T: OISE (SCCP), UVic (Clinical Lifespan), and SFU (Clinical Child Track). 

As with the others who are returning, I also want to wish everyone the best of luck and sending positive vibes! Currently in my PhD after all the helpful resources and conversations with others here 2 years ago (yikes!). The wait is excruciating, but all of you have gotten through one of the most difficult parts (which is applying)! 

16 hours ago, WillPressLeverForFood said:

Hi Everyone!

This is my 2nd year applying to Canadian Clinical Psych programs - I was a lurker last year on Grad Cafe, but decided I would join in this year. Hopefully this is the year for all of us to get in :).

I am applying to Guelph (CP:ADE), York (CD area), U of T: OISE (SCCP), UVic (Clinical Lifespan), and SFU (Clinical Child Track). 

I'm also on my second round for child clinical! It's a brutal process but I'm sure it's well worth it in the end.

Applying to uVic (neuropsych), Windsor (neuropsych), Western (clinical), and almost every school in the GTA for clinical/neuropsych programs.
Depending on what happens with this american tuition waiver tax nonsense I may also apply to UofMichigan and some Ivy Leagues for clinical, and Stanford for research if I have the money to waste on several 1-in-a-million applications. 

Edited by matche11

Applying to UVic (Clinical Lifespan), SFU (Clinical General), Guelph, and OISE (SCCP and CCP)! So far have a skype interview scheduled with UVic! (which is a bit head-spinning given that I haven't even submitted Guelph yet)

4 hours ago, carolynh said:

Applying to UVic (Clinical Lifespan), SFU (Clinical General), Guelph, and OISE (SCCP and CCP)! So far have a skype interview scheduled with UVic! (which is a bit head-spinning given that I haven't even submitted Guelph yet)

hey, do you mind messaging me who your POI is for UVic?

Edited by punkwich

This is my second year applying. Applied to Waterloo, Windsor, Concordia (all adult clinical) and Ryerson (Psychological Science). Am I the only one experiencing a constant state of anxiety? It's like I'm about to break down any second. I saw that some people are already getting preliminary interviews and I'm constantly checking my emails. 

14 hours ago, carolynh said:

Would you message me your PI for UVic too? So much anxiety!! I keep refreshing my email account hoping for a response.

8 hours ago, punkwich said:

@kkua @Anhedonia  Also same! Every email I get makes me more anxious ha. Good luck to you guys - hopefully we hear something soon!

Thanks you guys. It feels better to know that others are in the same boat.

In addition, who is your PI for Ryerson, if you don't mind me asking? I know practically all of the faculty after being in their undergraduate for four years, and may be able to offer some tips. Feel free to PM if you feel more comfortable with that.

Hi guys!

I'm applying to Concordia, McGill, Calgary, and Dalhousie for Clinical Psychology. Also applied to 5 American schools. This is my second time applying to Clinical Psych programs, last year I only applied to Toronto schools because I wasn't ready to move away. This year I didn't let geography affect my decisions. Super anxious to hear back, glad I'm not the only one though.  

Good luck to everyone!! :)