2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

2 hours ago, aelwood14 said:

I seriously think they sent out that email way too prematurely. I think they gave a ton of people a sense of lost hope over the weekend. It even seems to be getting late today, but maybe we will finally hear tomorrow???

Hope so. I'm lucky I've already been accepted to a program. I feel bad for the applicants who are counting on an acceptance from ISU. I do appreciate them keeping us in the loop. I just wish they didn't over-promise while doing so.

6 hours ago, Lindsey406 said:

I still haven’t heard from ISU yet. I wish they wouldn’t have gave me hope for Friday because now I’m just anxious! So much email refreshing!

Right?? The anxiety has been killing me! And the refreshing is killing my computer battery! haha

22 minutes ago, J2018 said:

Right?? The anxiety has been killing me! And the refreshing is killing my computer battery! haha

I just saw on the results page someone was accepted to the online program...  but I still haven’t heard anything!  I’m just glad I was accepted somewhere else, it makes the waiting less stressful. 

1 hour ago, J2018 said:

Haha same! I just saw that someone was accepted to the meridian campus and the distance program so they’re obviously in the process of sending out emails!

To those of you who have been accepted to ISU, do you know if you will be accepting that offer?

This is the first school I have heard back from and I am on the waitlist. So I would just really like to know my chances of making it off that list....

Edited by AL_FutureSLP

32 minutes ago, AL_FutureSLP said:

To those of you who have been accepted to ISU, do you know if you will be accepting that offer?

This is the first school I have heard back from and I am on the waitlist. So I would just really like to know my chances of making it off that list....

I was accepted yesterday, but since it’s so early it’s hard to say whether or not I will be accepting the offer. It is not my top choice but I have only heard from 2 out of 10 schools so far so I’ll have to see where I stand with other schools before making a decision. I’m probably about 40% likely to accept this offer. Sorry if that doesn’t help too much. Keep the faith! Plenty of people get accepted off the waitlist every year, Good Luck!!

1 hour ago, Lindsey406 said:

I was accepted yesterday, but since it’s so early it’s hard to say whether or not I will be accepting the offer. It is not my top choice but I have only heard from 2 out of 10 schools so far so I’ll have to see where I stand with other schools before making a decision. I’m probably about 40% likely to accept this offer. Sorry if that doesn’t help too much. Keep the faith! Plenty of people get accepted off the waitlist every year, Good Luck!!

Thanks! It's nice to see that other people also haven't heard anything yet. I applied to University of Northern Colorado and Arizona as well and I haven't heard anything from them either. The waiting is just killing me!!! :wacko:

So far have gotten accepted to Montclair and La Salle. I am still waiting to hear back from West Chester, Temple, and Seton Hall. My heart was set on West Chester from the start of the application process because I am currently an undergrad student here and I love the idea of not having to uproot myself from everything that I know. I am now wondering if West Chester is still my best choice now that I have gotten into other schools. Does anyone have any useful information or advice about any of the schools to help me make my decision?? I am basically between West Chester, La Salle, and Montclair (assuming that I won't get into Temple). Montclair would be the cheapest and closest school for me, but I'm not sure if that program is the best one out of my options. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:18 AM, haneyjcdis18 said:

I also haven;t heard from NAU. I think they sent out their leveler track acceptance letters first. Everyone I've talked to that have heard back have been levelers.

Hi! I just wanted to provide some insight - I received my acceptance to NAU in mid-February for the full-time regular track. I was offered a graduate assistantship via phone call last week. They asked me politely to try to expedite my decision-making so that they will know if they can offer the assistantship and/or spot to someone else. This indicates to me that they're still working on their waitlist! Don't lose hope.

I just got accepted to La Salle and am really considering going there, BUT I looked up the neighborhood it is in and it doesn't seem to safe. Supposedly there is a high crime rate and some students feel unsafe on campus. I am visiting the campus later this month to get a better feel for the area. Does anyone know the are around La Salle or live in Philly that could shed some light on this? 

I was accepted to Faulkner University yesterday, anyone else??!!!!! It's a brand new SLP grad program that ASHA just accredited for anyone who will be applying again next year this school will NEED a cohort and not a lot of people know about it yet, use this to your advantage! It's in Montgomery, AL! :) 

16 hours ago, swimbikespeech said:

Hi! I just wanted to provide some insight - I received my acceptance to NAU in mid-February for the full-time regular track. I was offered a graduate assistantship via phone call last week. They asked me politely to try to expedite my decision-making so that they will know if they can offer the assistantship and/or spot to someone else. This indicates to me that they're still working on their waitlist! Don't lose hope.

I also got a call from them earlier this week. They offered me a position in the part time SLPA track even though I didn’t apply to that track (I applied to full time) so I think they’re still just trying to figure out what to do with all their applicants!

On 3/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, sarahh46 said:

Has anyone heard back from Wayne State, Michigan State or Western Michigan yet? If not, do you know when we are projected to hear back?

Thanks!

I applied to both Wayne State and Western Michigan and still haven't heard back! I saw that some people were emailed acceptances to Wayne State already tho, so I really hope this doesn't mean it's a rejection :/

On 3/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, sarahh46 said:

Has anyone heard back from Wayne State, Michigan State or Western Michigan yet? If not, do you know when we are projected to hear back?

Thanks!

I applied to all three of those schools and haven't heard anything yet. I'm currently finishing up my undergrad at MSU, and most of my CSD professors are on the admissions board. They told us not to expect anything from them until the end of March or beginning of April. 

On 3/5/2018 at 1:48 PM, mlr said:

I'm hoping we'll hear this week based on past years!

I haven’t heard anything despite refreshing my email 100 times a day haha. I’m really anxious for them!

5 hours ago, Ange1414 said:

I just got accepted to La Salle and am really considering going there, BUT I looked up the neighborhood it is in and it doesn't seem to safe. Supposedly there is a high crime rate and some students feel unsafe on campus. I am visiting the campus later this month to get a better feel for the area. Does anyone know the are around La Salle or live in Philly that could shed some light on this? 

Hey! I from southern New Jersey & when I lived there, visited philly quite a bit/have many friends who have lived in the city! If you’re in the center city area (around UPenn, Magee hospital, etc.) you should be totally fine! I haven’t heard much about the LaSalle area, so I don’t know how helpful this is, haha..but philly in general can be pretty safe depending on where you are.. of course all the general concerns of a city, knowing your neighborhood, etc. Hope this helps! :)

1 hour ago, gabbygohl said:

I applied to all three of those schools and haven't heard anything yet. I'm currently finishing up my undergrad at MSU, and most of my CSD professors are on the admissions board. They told us not to expect anything from them until the end of March or beginning of April. 

I just called Michigan State and asked when applicants would hear for a decision and they said to look out for an email on March 15th!! Oh my goodness I think I am about to pass out, it sooo damn close!

Got an email saying I was tier 1 for the SLP Grad Program at Pacific University with "high chances of being accepted." This would be a dream come true for me! I am trying not to get my hopes up for getting in, but I can't help it!

6 minutes ago, stacymawie said:

Got an email saying I was tier 1 for the SLP Grad Program at Pacific University with "high chances of being accepted." This would be a dream come true for me! I am trying not to get my hopes up for getting in, but I can't help it!

Congrats!! I am sure you will make in off the waitlist! I am planning to go there, so if you get accepted let me know! Congrats again!!!