2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

On 3/3/2018 at 11:20 PM, justspeechie said:

Hey guys! I saw on the admissions results forum that people were hearing from East Carolina (ECU) and was wondering if that was just for the distance education program or for on campus as well. I haven't received any notifications by email and my portal says that my application was still under review so I just want to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks so much and good luck to everyone during this time!

I applied for ECU also and haven’t heard a thing!! I keep refreshing my emails constantly and my portal says the same thing yours does! This is so stressful. Lol

4 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

Hey! I from southern New Jersey & when I lived there, visited philly quite a bit/have many friends who have lived in the city! If you’re in the center city area (around UPenn, Magee hospital, etc.) you should be totally fine! I haven’t heard much about the LaSalle area, so I don’t know how helpful this is, haha..but philly in general can be pretty safe depending on where you are.. of course all the general concerns of a city, knowing your neighborhood, etc. Hope this helps! :)

This definitely does help! What neighborhoods specifically are you referring to? I am looking into apartments and just want like a general town to look into! Any help would be appreciated :)

13 minutes ago, Ange1414 said:

This definitely does help! What neighborhoods specifically are you referring to? I am looking into apartments and just want like a general town to look into! Any help would be appreciated :)

Northern liberties, fairmount & center city :) 

5 hours ago, stacymawie said:

Got an email saying I was tier 1 for the SLP Grad Program at Pacific University with "high chances of being accepted." This would be a dream come true for me! I am trying not to get my hopes up for getting in, but I can't help it!

Congrats! My friend was waitlisted as well but I think the odds are definitely in your favor! I am also planning to attend so If you do get accepted let me know ??

6 hours ago, stressedslpgrad said:

I applied for ECU also and haven’t heard a thing!! I keep refreshing my emails constantly and my portal says the same thing yours does! This is so stressful. Lol

I hate that you haven't heard back but I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol. I know the timeline on their website says mid to late March for acceptances, but I was hoping to hear by now since it's my last school to hear from. I really hope we both hear soon and good luck with this crazy and stressful application process! 

Hi all!

I'm waiting on WKU's distance program, Redlands, Chapman and Portland State!! I feel extremely lucky (and surprised) to have two great options, but the reality of tuition for my more expensive choices is starting to dawn on me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for PSU! 

13 hours ago, Felice said:

What do you guys think about e-mailing a school about your position on a wait list? 

I emailed MGH IHP and George Washington and told them that I was extremely interested in their program and sent an updated resume for the admissions committee to review. I also made up a list of all of my completed prerequisite courses with another copy of my unofficial transcripts and the syllabi for those classes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with reaching out and asking questions or adding to your application! You paid money to apply and are dedicated to earning a great education :D GO GET IT!! haha

On 3/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, Ange1414 said:

I just got accepted to La Salle and am really considering going there, BUT I looked up the neighborhood it is in and it doesn't seem to safe. Supposedly there is a high crime rate and some students feel unsafe on campus. I am visiting the campus later this month to get a better feel for the area. Does anyone know the are around La Salle or live in Philly that could shed some light on this? 

I personally don’t know anything about the area around La Salle, but I’ve lived off campus by Temple for years and I’ve never had any issues! North Philly doesn’t have the greatest of reputations, but Temple is really trying hard to compensate for that with a massive security presence off campus. You’re also near a lot of public transit and the rent is a lot cheaper than other neighborhoods. 

If you have basic city sense and don’t make a habit of walking around at 3am you’ll be fine anywhere in Philly!

10 minutes ago, Lindsey406 said:

Has anyone heard anything at all from CU Boulder or Northern Colorado?? I was really hoping to hear from them this week.

nothing from CU Boulder yet! I'm really hoping we hear from them today before the weekend. But if not, it'll probably be sometime next week

5 minutes ago, SLP2018applicant said:

nothing from CU Boulder yet! I'm really hoping we hear from them today before the weekend. But if not, it'll probably be sometime next week

I’m hopeful for today! The last few years they had sent out emails by now.

Hi! I submitted my application to Temple the week of the due date. Still haven't heard back yet, but I know some people have. I just checked my portal and under the to-do list, there was a check mark that says "You have outstanding financial aid requirements that are preventing your reward from being processed" and it is marked as complete. Did anyone else notice this? Should I be excited that there is a potential financial aid award for acceptance or does everyone go through this step?? I'm just going crazy and need to hear some good news!! :P

On 3/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, intheSLPmix said:

waiting on a few schools to make a decision:

math: 151 verbal: 139 writing : 3.5

Pacific U

Chapman, Eastern Washington

Midwestern , New York University , University of Washington

GRE ISNT EVERYTHING ABOUT GETTING INTO GRAD SCHOOL

Congrats!! That makes me feel a lot better because my GRE scores were definitely not helping my chances as well. Good luck with the other schools :D

On 3/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, sarahh46 said:

I just called Michigan State and asked when applicants would hear for a decision and they said to look out for an email on March 15th!! Oh my goodness I think I am about to pass out, it sooo damn close!

OH MY that is so SOON. That's so nerve wracking. Thanks for letting me know, good luck to you!

Hey all, 

I have been accepted to NCCU and App State for my Masters in Speech Language Pathology. I have been at App for the past four years for my undergrad and am having a hard time making this choice. I have a huge desire to go somewhere other than app, just for the change of scenery. However, I know very little about NCCU's program. I have looked all over the internet for someone to give me honest feedback about either of these schools, but am coming up dry. I have a medical focus and want to work in the hospitals one day. I worry that NCCU's program may not be as rigorous as other's, but are surrounded by more triangle area hospitals. Someone please help me. All feedback is welcome, and I would love to know if you are in either of these programs how you like it. Please help me make the right choice!!

2 hours ago, intheSLPmix said:

waiting on a few schools to make a decision:

math: 151 verbal: 139 writing : 3.5

George Washington, Pacific U

Chapman, Eastern Washington

Midwestern , NYU , U Wash

GRE ISNT EVERYTHING ABOUT GETTING INTO GRAD SCHOOL

151/148/3.5 ... 3.76 GPA, lots of extracurricular, head positions in clubs and volunteer work. Internship at private speech practice. Felt as though I had a pretty good chance of getting in somewhere but I've been waitlisted everywhere so far (University of South Florida, UMASS Amherst) (rejected at MGH). Still waiting to hear from two others schools (Emerson, Bridgewater State) but I'm extremely disappointed/discouraged and forever kicking myself for not retaking the GRE. I had a professor tell me that my scores were fine and I would get in somewhere...now I'm freaking out. Congratulations on getting into grad school though, hoping my chance will come soon too. 

6 hours ago, SLP2018applicant said:

Do you think if we haven't heard by now we won't hear today??