2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

8 minutes ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

I was wondering the same thing

The schools I've heard back from have very explicitly stated they they will not provide information on waitlist positions, I suppose if you didn't get similar emails and their FAQ page doesn't have it listed it would be worth a shot.

Edited by haneyjcdis18

8 minutes ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

The schools I've heard back from have very explicitly stated they they will not provide information on waitlist positions, I suppose if you didn't get similar emails and their FAQ page doesn't have it listed it would be worth a shot.

That's why I am nervous to even bother because most school say not to do it

On 3/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, sarahh46 said:

Has anyone heard back from Wayne State, Michigan State or Western Michigan yet? If not, do you know when we are projected to hear back?

Thanks!

I've been accepted to Wayne State (found out in Jan) and Western (found out yesterday) but still have not heard from State. All I know about Wayne is that they have completed review of ALL applicants (got this info firsthand) and have sent out acceptances and waitlist offers.

38 minutes ago, futureSLPhopefullylol said:

I've been accepted to Wayne State (found out in Jan) and Western (found out yesterday) but still have not heard from State. All I know about Wayne is that they have completed review of ALL applicants (got this info firsthand) and have sent out acceptances and waitlist offers.

So if I have not heard back from Wayne State by now that means that I have been rejected?

15 hours ago, sadie508 said:

Boulder sent out notifications today! I am in utter shock! I was accepted!! To other people who got in, do anyone receive information on the open house? 

Congratulations on your acceptance- what an amazing accomplishment! Where did you check your portal? Was it just by logging into this website https://grad.apply.colorado.edu/account/login?r=https%3a%2f%2fgrad.apply.colorado.edu%2fapply%2fstatus ? Or did you have to create an email with Boulder? Thanks in advance! 

5 hours ago, SLP2018applicant said:

Congratulations on your acceptance- what an amazing accomplishment! Where did you check your portal? Was it just by logging into this website https://grad.apply.colorado.edu/account/login?r=https%3a%2f%2fgrad.apply.colorado.edu%2fapply%2fstatus ? Or did you have to create an email with Boulder? Thanks in advance! 

I checked my status and it still just says “received” under the application. Maybe they haven’t contacted everyone yet?! Hopefully ?

5 hours ago, SLP2018applicant said:

thank you! Still in disbelief. I got an email that there was a status update. After I logged in I clicked "view update" under a new section called status update. As soon as I opened status there was all this animated confetti and streamers. There are two letters one from CU Boulder one from the SLHS department with more details. 

I haven't had to create a CU Boulder email. I think that will happen once I pay the deposit! Good luck!!!

18 hours ago, HOPEFUL SLP CLASS 2020 said:

Has anyone here interviewed at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions? I'm looking for some insight & advice on the interview, mine is in a few days.

Hey! My interview with them is tomorrow. I am just going to be myself and look over my statement of purpose, since they might ask similar questions that we would have written on our statement of purpose. I am kinda nervous but excited. 

On 3/8/2018 at 1:09 AM, mel627 said:

Hi all!

I'm waiting on WKU's distance program, Redlands, Chapman and Portland State!! I feel extremely lucky (and surprised) to have two great options, but the reality of tuition for my more expensive choices is starting to dawn on me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for PSU! 

Hey there! I am waiting on Redlands, have you heard anything from them yet? 

32 minutes ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

Hey! My interview with them is tomorrow. I am just going to be myself and look over my statement of purpose, since they might ask similar questions that we would have written on our statement of purpose. I am kinda nervous but excited. 

That's a good idea. I talked to someone else on here and they told me the three questions they got asked. I wonder if it's all the same? Please keep me posted! Mine is Wednesday. Good luck!

1 hour ago, HOPEFUL SLP CLASS 2020 said:

That's a good idea. I talked to someone else on here and they told me the three questions they got asked. I wonder if it's all the same? Please keep me posted! Mine is Wednesday. Good luck!

what were the 3 questions they were asked?

2 hours ago, Peachyspeachy said:

Anyone apply to Worcester State in Massachusetts in general or has heard back from them? Their decisions started flowing in about this time last year 

I also applied and haven't heard anything. I'm hoping we'll get something in the mail this week!

21 hours ago, Farmcat1 said:

I checked my status and it still just says “received” under the application. Maybe they haven’t contacted everyone yet?! Hopefully ?

Check your portal again, they’re unfortunately starting to send out rejections.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:57 PM, sadie508 said:

Boulder sent out notifications today! I am in utter shock! I was accepted!! To other people who got in, do anyone receive information on the open house? 

I was accepted but I haven't received anything about the open house. I honestly haven't decided If i'm going to Boulder yet! I am from Louisiana and I have actually never even visited UC Boulder haha I am trying to get some more information on the program and talk to those applicants who decided to accept Boulder's invitation and find what were the main factors that helped them to make the decision go there.  Especially to those who may be from Colorado or live there; why they love Boulder and why they love the program? Any feedback would be wonderful and super helpful! 

I was accepted to University of Colorado Boulder. I am trying to get some more information on the program and talk to those applicants who decided to accept Boulder's invitation for admittance and find what were the main factors that helped them to make the decision to go there. Especially to those who may be from Colorado or live there; Why do you guys love Boulder and why do you love this program? Any feedback would be wonderful and extremely helpful!

I am a student from Louisiana and have been accepted into two programs in-state. Trying to weigh everything to help make this big decision! 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, kcoe4 said:

I was accepted to University of Colorado Boulder. I am trying to get some more information on the program and talk to those applicants who decided to accept Boulder's invitation for admittance and find what were the main factors that helped them to make the decision to go there. Especially to those who may be from Colorado or live there; Why do you guys love Boulder and why do you love this program? Any feedback would be wonderful and extremely helpful!

I am a student from Louisiana and have been accepted into two programs in-state. Trying to weigh everything to help make this big decision! 

Thanks! 

I’m from Louisiana. What 2 programs have you heard back from? 

Hi everyone!

So I've been denied to 3 schools and waitlisted to one. I applied to 10 total, so waiting to hear from 6 more. I just got an email from UTSA (UT Health at San Antonio) asking me to fill out a doodle poll for dates I'm available for a campus visit. Did anyone else apply to UTSA and know what this means? Is it an interview? I am from out of state so I would need time to book a flight and am kind of nervous since the doodle poll email wasn't specific at all!