2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

On 3/15/2018 at 10:42 PM, Ange1414 said:

Hi everyone!

I applied to Kean University for Fall 2018 and I was curious to know how many semesters the program is? I saw on EdFind by ASHA that it is typically 6 full-time semesters.... is this true because it is only 57 credits, which is pretty standard for most programs that only have 5 semesters.  Would anyone be able to shed some light on the topic?

I assumed it was 5

16 hours ago, slpcajun said:

Southern University in Baton Rouge has a late application date of April 15 for speech pathology and it's not quite as competitive as some of the others.

Hey, thanks for this information! I wish they were apart of CSDCAS, so I could have time to apply. I would have totally applied here its a small school and looks very affordable. Thanks for sharing this! :) 

2 hours ago, Ange1414 said:

Who has heard from Hofstra? I know a couple of people who were accepted last night and this morning.

I heard back yesterday evening (around 5:00), but I have a friend who didn't hear back yesterday, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I'm assuming they're closed today because of the snow, so maybe tomorrow or the next day! 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:06 AM, SLP2BEEEEE said:

Ok, I am waiting to hear from them. Maybe I'll give them a call if I don't hear anything. thank you for helping me. Was it sent via email?

Anyone else who sees this post and can relate, PLEASE COMMENT!!! :)

Hey, I was rejected from UL yesterday :(

POSTING TO KEEP THOSE UPDATED WHO ARE WAITING TO HEAR FROM SCHOOLS!!! I was rejected from University of Louisiana on Tuesday :( 

Waiting to hear from.......

- Georgia State

- Valdosta

- UGA

- Armstrong State University

- University of Montana

- Tennessee State University 

Hey everyone! I've been reading along, but this is my first time posting. I was wait-listed at Wyoming on March 9th. I saw some of you had applied, but didn't see results posted. Anybody else on the wait-list or get accepted?? Also, it's relieving to know that Montana hasn't sent anything out yet. The waiting is killing me!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, and congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

On 3/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, CAgirl13 said:

I got waitlisted from Boulder and I would definitely suggest emailing them and asking where you are on the waitlist so you can get a better idea of what your chances are! I did that and they let me know. Good luck!

Thanks. I did get an email confirming I was rejected. I have been accepted other places so I have a place to go!

On 3/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, Speechie2bee said:

Hello! I saw some people asking about NAU (Northern Arizona Universtiy). I got my acceptance about two weeks ago with the Full-Time track. I have also heard back from University of the Pacific. Other than that, I am still waiting on replies :D

Hello! first of all congrats on your acceptances! I see that The University of the Pacific accepted you ! this is one of my top schools and got waitlisted I am starting to lose hope since they don't discuss waitlist information. I'm really just trying to stay hopeful and see what my chances are is this school one of your top choices? 

18 hours ago, SLP_SP said:

Hey everyone! I've been reading along, but this is my first time posting. I was wait-listed at Wyoming on March 9th. I saw some of you had applied, but didn't see results posted. Anybody else on the wait-list or get accepted?? Also, it's relieving to know that Montana hasn't sent anything out yet. The waiting is killing me!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, and congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

I was accepted to Wyoming in early March but will be declining my position so hopefully that means you’re closer to an acceptance! Good luck!!

21 hours ago, LittleBirdy said:

Thanks. I did get an email confirming I was rejected. I have been accepted other places so I have a place to go!

Sorry to hear about Boulder but yay congrats on the other places!! I'm sure you'll love wherever you choose :)

3 hours ago, Lindsey406 said:

I was accepted to Wyoming in early March but will be declining my position so hopefully that means you’re closer to an acceptance! Good luck!!

Oh that's good to know! Thank you. Also, for people waiting on Universty of Montana, I got an email this afternoon saying that I've been waitlisted. More waiting for me! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted :)

6 minutes ago, SLP_SP said:

Oh that's good to know! Thank you. Also, for people waiting on Universty of Montana, I got an email this afternoon saying that I've been waitlisted. More waiting for me! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted :)

I also was notified of being waitlisted to University of Montana today. Fingers crossed we both make it in :) 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, stressedslpgrad said:

Has anyone heard back from ECU?? I read that a few people heard over a week ago and that some people were still waiting to hear back from them just like me. This is so nervewracking! I just want to find out their decision so I can make my decision. Lol ?

Have you heard anything??? I see some people have got in but I have yet to hear anything. Online too right?

On 3/22/2018 at 7:08 PM, SLP_SP said:

a few of us were rejected from Montana last week. Good luck!

41 minutes ago, SLP_classof2020 said:

Does anyone know anything about or heard from UL-Monroe? 

Hey, I also applied here and haven't heard a peep. I called two weeks ago & they said decisions were going out last week..but I know there is also an interview involved? 

I am not interested in attending now that I have another offer, but if I hear something I will most definitely let you know! 

On 3/27/2018 at 11:31 PM, kcoe4 said:

Anyone accepted and going to LSUHSC New Orleans looking for a roommate or know anyone in that program who is? 

Still on the waitlist! :mellow: Try posting in the "Louisiana Schools" thread..maybe someone can help there?