2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

21 hours ago, taelinmarie17 said:

We applied to a lot of the same schools! I'm hoping we start hearing back within the next couple weeks or so! At least Idaho we may know something by Friday! Good luck to you!! 

That’s awesome, you’ll have to let me know when you start hearing back! I’m really hoping Idaho has decisions out Friday instead of early next week. I’m getting so anxious and stressed out. What is your top choice? I’m really hoping for CU Boulder but would happily accept a position at any of my programs. BEST OF LUCK!!

16 hours ago, CHILDESGambino said:

Hi! I'm an Speech undergrad at UMASS, decisions should start being sent by next week,  decisions will be on SPIRE, that's the tea from around the department. Fingers crossed y'all!

Thank you for the info!!!!! Now I can hopefully stop obsessing until next week. Slowest two weeks of my life... so far.

44 minutes ago, Lindsey406 said:

Congratulations on getting accepted to NAU! I have not heard anything from them so I assume that means i’m waitlisted at best. I have not visited the campus, is it a top choice for you?

I also haven;t heard from NAU. I think they sent out their leveler track acceptance letters first. Everyone I've talked to that have heard back have been levelers.

45 minutes ago, Lindsey406 said:

That’s awesome, you’ll have to let me know when you start hearing back! I’m really hoping Idaho has decisions out Friday instead of early next week. I’m getting so anxious and stressed out. What is your top choice? I’m really hoping for CU Boulder but would happily accept a position at any of my programs. BEST OF LUCK!!

When do you think peoe will start to hear back from Boulder? Next week or ever later than that? 

3 minutes ago, sadie508 said:

When do you think peoe will start to hear back from Boulder? Next week or ever later than that? 

Last year acceptances were emailed out on march 7 so hopefully we hear back next week!!  

Hi kind of random but does anyone have any information about when La Salle or UVA will be sending out decisions? I know UVA says that they send acceptances the first week of March but wasn't sure if this counts as the first week. La Salle last year sent out decisions around Feb 24th so I am super anxious. 

1 hour ago, Lindsey406 said:

Congratulations on getting accepted to NAU! I have not heard anything from them so I assume that means i’m waitlisted at best. I have not visited the campus, is it a top choice for you?

I am not sure if they do their acceptances in waves, so don't lose hope!! It is not my top choice...but I really want to move to Arizona so it might be my best option! 

26 minutes ago, Lindsey406 said:

Last year acceptances were emailed out on march 7 so hopefully we hear back next week!!  

Ahhh so crazy to think by this time week I may not be checking my email non stop anymore!

Saw in another post that you already live in CO! I do too! I live in Denver. Are you near Boulder? 

Edited by sadie508

19 minutes ago, mws5997 said:

Hi kind of random but does anyone have any information about when La Salle or UVA will be sending out decisions? I know UVA says that they send acceptances the first week of March but wasn't sure if this counts as the first week. La Salle last year sent out decisions around Feb 24th so I am super anxious. 

I did some digging and it looks like last year first round acceptance for La Salle went out the first week of March.

Hello! I saw some people asking about NAU (Northern Arizona Universtiy). I got my acceptance about two weeks ago with the Full-Time track. I have also heard back from University of the Pacific. Other than that, I am still waiting on replies :D

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm just figuring out how to reply. I applied to the part-time track for NAU. Do the letters all go out at the same time as the FT track? Any thoughts!?

52 minutes ago, Ggslpa said:

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm just figuring out how to reply. I applied to the part-time track for NAU. Do the letters all go out at the same time as the FT track? Any thoughts!?

I applied for NAU Summer track last year and I got my acceptance in April. Kinda late... 

Edited by kayyyyy_

1 hour ago, kayyyyy_ said:

I applied for NAU Summer track last year and I got my acceptance in April. Kinda late... 

Ok. Thanks. Do they only send the letter or an email as well?

16 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Ok. Thanks. Do they only send the letter or an email as well?

I got an email and then I received the official letter a week later! 

16 hours ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

Were you notified about your position on a waitlist of any sort?

I was accepted with a spot so i wasn't given a number on the waitlist, I'm not sure if they do that :/ 

23 hours ago, haneyjcdis18 said:

Were you notified about your position on a waitlist of any sort?

I’m in the program now and everyone in my cohort heard at different times...as early as Feb and as late as April. I don’t think anyone was waitlisted.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:10 AM, SLPin2020 said:

What better place to find people to share application anxiety with? I haven't seen another thread like this yet so here we go.

Which programs are you applying to?

Where are you from?

What are your biggest concerns about applications?

I'll start. I'm applying to a grand total of two schools (I'm obviously crazy) because I want to be on campus and I have to stay in VA. I'm looking at JMU and Longwood and honestly don't know what my chances are but I'm going to try to be optimistic. Figured I'd start applications early on CSDCAS but maaaan this process is waaay slower than I had anticipated! I'm so excited for grad school though!

I am applying to Emerson College, MGH IHP, Bridgewater State U, UMass Amherst and University of South Florida.

I am from Massachusetts!

My biggest concern is my GRE scores... My GPA is good and I have plenty of experience and some research. Minor in Special Education which I hope will help my application...but to be totally honest, I have no idea where I stand in comparison to everyone else. This is truly a stressful and nerve-wracking experience. I just want answers!

I am applying to LSU HSC New Orleans, UT Dallas, UT Austin, UT HSC Knoxville, University of Memphis, and UVA. I've only heard back from UT HSC Knoxville!

Wondering if anyone else has heard back from any of these schools?!

2 hours ago, aelwood14 said:

I refreshed my email all. day. long. and got nothing. It's after 7pm MST now... so hopefully Monday!

Me too! Just got accepted to University of South Carolina, and ISU is the only other one I applied to. The suspense is too much! I keep hitting refresh... sometimes I hit refresh twice in case I didn't click it the right way the first time :-P

18 minutes ago, xstephh said:

Is it normal to not hear anything back yet??! I have only received one rejection, but applied to 8 schools in total & most of the deadlines were Feb 1 :unsure:

I think it's perfectly normal. I know at my school, even though the deadline to apply is Feb 1, the committee doesn't usually meet until a week or 2 later, and then it takes them almost a month to make a decision, meaning we'll hear back around early to mid March. I'd be surprised if you didn't hear from anyone by this Friday. However, the schools usually let the most competitive (and sometimes the least competitive) candidates know first, and then they send out waitlist notifications and rejections later. This obviously varies by school. Have you noticed if other people have heard back from the schools to which you have applied?