Materials Science and Engineering Fall 2018 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

18 minutes ago, sp3514 said:

Do not put yourself down just yet, where else have you applied to? Have you heard back from any other institutes? 

Nope, not yet. I have applied to Austin, Michigan, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Yale (Safe school). 

I thought I had a pretty strong profile, as it turns out it might not be as strong! Will wait for the results or else I am ready to take up RAship.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:37 PM, knows_nothing_gen said:

Nope, not yet. I have applied to Austin, Michigan, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Yale (Safe school). 

I thought I had a pretty strong profile, as it turns out it might not be as strong! Will wait for the results or else I am ready to take up RAship.

I feel that it's still so early. Especially get the feeling that MSE is slow with sending out results.. Wishing you the best of luck!

2 hours ago, hectorlopez3100 said:

Yes, I received a letter from them on January 26th. Visiting weekend is going to be on the weekend of the 23rd of this month. Hopefully they are still making decisions!

Thanks for your response. I really hope they are still making decisions.

Can you tell me what is your area of interest?

5 hours ago, hectorlopez3100 said:

No problem! I’m interested in computational materials and soft matter. What about you?

Thanks, I am interested in photonics and semiconductors.

13 minutes ago, Code 23-19 said:

Hey Guys, 

What would you say about UIUC vs Cornell MatSE PhD? I have found potential advisors at both places. Wanted a bit of advice from my fellow MS&E folks.  

Please let me know your views 

Did you get accepted to Cornell already? I applied to the same program but I haven't heard anything from them :/