DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

12 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Is there any difference between paper copies received and application submitted? Or do they just choose the names of the status randomly?

Application submitted is when you send your application on line, paper copies received is when the hard copies sent by post arrive to Germany, so is the next step...

hello guys, applicant from Italy here 

anyone applied for the Graduate School Scholarship Programme 18 for a PhD? I submitted my application last week, after a successfull interview in germany I made in January.

Currently, my application is still in "submitted" mode. I don't know if I need to contact someone or to wait further.

18 hours ago, MicTric said:

hello guys, applicant from Italy here 

anyone applied for the Graduate School Scholarship Programme 18 for a PhD? I submitted my application last week, after a successfull interview in germany I made in January.

Currently, my application is still in "submitted" mode. I don't know if I need to contact someone or to wait further.

Let us know how your status changes :) mine didnt change..

well then, better to find a good hobby until then :rolleyes:

did you applied for a phd as well?

34 minutes ago, elianacvd said:

i applied for a master,  my status still is Preselection made, this have been a long wait!

hope the best for both of you guys, finger crossed

Hello everyone, glad to finally found fellow applicants. At least to share anxieties during this waiting period :).

I applied for the phd program, deadline was October 15th and the status is still "application submitted". It's been a long wait!

Hope we'll hear the good news soon.

Heya, hope everyone is doing well.

I've applied for the archi masters program, the deadline was 31st of Sep...and for about two weeks my status has maintained "vorauswahl erfolgt"...which roughly translates to "Preselection made"(?). I am getting more anxious by day :( I hope it turns out well, because I got rejected by some other scholarships and I am losing hopes. Haha, though I was wondering why does it take them this long?! Anyway, I hope ya'll get positive responses, best of luck  :)

Edited by Art21

1 hour ago, Art21 said:

Heya, hope everyone is doing well.

I've applied for the archi masters program, the deadline was 31st of Sep...and for about two weeks my status has maintained "vorauswahl erfolgt"...which roughly translates to "Preselection made"(?). I am getting more anxious by day :( I hope it turns out well, because I got rejected by some other scholarships and I am losing hopes. Haha, though I was wondering why does it take them this long?! Anyway, I hope ya'll get positive responses, best of luck  :)

I dont wanna take your hopes away but the discussions in recent years indicated that the "selection made" status should not last longer than a week for an acceptance :/ On the other side, its not selection made but preselection made for you.

Hello everyone,

I'm applying for the DAAD short time research grant (deadline Nov. 3, 2017). I'm applying from USA (even though I'm a foreign here).

Still waiting for results, but I sent an email asking about preselection list and I got this back. 

" Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.
We hope to be able to communicate the final selection results beginning of March.
Thank you for your patience,
Best,"

Very anxious here! My status says "application submitted"...

1 hour ago, Luiza N. A. said:

Hello everyone,

I'm applying for the DAAD short time research grant (deadline Nov. 3, 2017). I'm applying from USA (even though I'm a foreign here).

Still waiting for results, but I sent an email asking about preselection list and I got this back. 

" Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.
We hope to be able to communicate the final selection results beginning of March.
Thank you for your patience,
Best,"

Very anxious here! My status says "application submitted"...

thank you, at least we can assume that this will be the crucial period for everyone in here, despite I was hoping for February...

good luck!

edit: I don't know, but do you think that the selection results' dates are dependant from the PhDs' starting months? Mine is supposed to start in April, to make an example 

Edited by MicTric

Aline1995 My heart stopped for a sec there. I keep my expectations low, but the outcome has been lower than that lately. 

On a side note, the funding for the Masters scholarship I've applied for starts on 1st Oct, but the application deadline for the german unis start on 15th April, so I thought Daad would make the selection before that. 

1 hour ago, Art21 said:

Aline1995 My heart stopped for a sec there. I keep my expectations low, but the outcome has been lower than that lately. 

On a side note, the funding for the Masters scholarship I've applied for starts on 1st Oct, but the application deadline for the german unis start on 15th April, so I thought Daad would make the selection before that. 

Ohh I am sorry, don't get influenced too much by what I said, I have actually no clue neither :) plus I applied for phd funding, so there might be a difference too.

11 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Ohh I am sorry, don't get influenced too much by what I said, I have actually no clue neither :) plus I applied for phd funding, so there might be a difference too.

Don't apologise, it's ok :) when did you apply for phd funding?! 

The end of application for the program I applied was 31st Sep, and I am situated in center of Balkans. I don't know whether they go with the selection from location to location or by some other criteria.

34 minutes ago, Art21 said:

Don't apologise, it's ok :) when did you apply for phd funding?! 

The end of application for the program I applied was 31st Sep, and I am situated in center of Balkans. I don't know whether they go with the selection from location to location or by some other criteria.

for what i could read here from past years it looks like the location is a factor.