DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

2 hours ago, Art21 said:

Don't apologise, it's ok :) when did you apply for phd funding?! 

The end of application for the program I applied was 31st Sep, and I am situated in center of Balkans. I don't know whether they go with the selection from location to location or by some other criteria.

End of August was my deadline :) yes I think they go by location and if I am not  wrong in recent years USA applicants got to know it quite late.. to me they said the meeting is in February and after that they let me know

10 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

End of August was my deadline :) yes I think they go by location and if I am not  wrong in recent years USA applicants got to know it quite late.. to me they said the meeting is in February and after that they let me know

In other words, if my deadline was the end of Sep, I might know the results sometime in March. That is sooo late. I guess I should concentrate on the unis I want to apply to instead. :/

1 hour ago, Art21 said:

In other words, if my deadline was the end of Sep, I might know the results sometime in March. That is sooo late. I guess I should concentrate on the unis I want to apply to instead. :/

Yes it is pretty late :( for me I don't even hab really an alternative if daad rejects me 

7 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Yes it is pretty late :( for me I don't even hab really an alternative if daad rejects me 

neither do I, that is the only option I've left, because I got rejected by everything else ^^ 

Hello all, I have applied for the research grant for my Ph.D. I was informed that I was shortlisted by an email in the first week of January. There is no change in online application until today, It is still in "Application Submitted" mode. Also, they said that I will not have an interview but just paper selection. I hope they will inform us very soon and finger crossed for all of the applicants here. 

Hi everyone

Finally, this thread is active..Phew..When I started this thread, no one replied for a looonngg time. 

Anyway, I applied to the India office, for the PhD scholarship at RWTH Aachen. The application deadline was Oct 15. The regional office informed that candidates shortlisted for interview will be informed by the end of December and the interview might be in January end, and final results by March mid. They really did mean that literally. I got the email for interview on Dec 30th and my interview was on Jan 30th. At the interview, they gave a letter which says that results will be declared at the end of March. I have a sneaky feeling it's gonna be literal again. The wait is killing. Especially when my brain goes back to the interview where the panellist had a good time pulling my leg (God I hope it was just for fun and they didn't take it seriously :/) asking me awkward questions, not at all related to my research. 

The DAAD portal still says 'Application submitted'. The same ever since I submitted. My fingers are starting to cramp from being crossed !! 

Hello Everyone, I have applied for DAAD PhD research grant for 2018-2019. Am from Algeria, I applied on 15 August 2017 and my interview was in October.

I got rejection last year for the same program, and I was informed by 1st week of April, But I heard later that winner got informed on February, but I'm sure it depends on the location. Am really anxious, Can't really get rejection for the second time.

Best luck for you all. 

Would be worse when you win the scholarship and then don't get admitted in any university. :| I am wondering whether I'll get admitted to any uni since the german language requirements are so devastating for my subject of study. I can't find anyone to consult about this either T^T

Hi all! 

I'm from Peru and applied to the EPOS program, MBA in the University of Leipzig. The wait was really hard but I finally got "Funding" in the Portal. This change happened on February 14th ;) nice gift, but I have not received the formal letter jet. Did anyone receive the Declaration of Acceptance?

Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by JazzPG

7 hours ago, JazzPG said:

Hi all! 

I'm from Peru and applied to the EPOS program, MBA in the University of Leipzig. The wait was really hard but I finally got "Funding" in the Portal. This change happened on February 14th ;) nice gift, but I have not received the formal letter jet. Did anyone receive the Declaration of Acceptance?

Good luck to everyone!!!

Ohh but I hope that is only for masters!! Otherwise I’d be sad

7 hours ago, JazzPG said:

Hi all! 

Good luck to everyone!!!

when you submitted application ? when interview held and what was the status before funding, is it "application submitted". and do they send messages what changes are done in portal ?

2 hours ago, Muhammad32155 said:

when you submitted application ? when interview held and what was the status before funding, is it "application submitted". and do they send messages what changes are done in portal ?

I think we can’t take this case as orientation because for master they send the results earlier than for PhD! Just asked the daad and they told me status should be selection made before it is rejection or funding

5 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

I asked, they said after the committee meeting and that took place in February, so I think if we are unlucky they announce decision in March :( 

by the way, does anyone of you already learn german? I have seen that’s also a selection criteria. 

no Germany Language isn't selection criterion at all. so selected candidates will be informed first ? 

5 minutes ago, Muhammad32155 said:

no Germany Language isn't selection criterion at all. so selected candidates will be informed first ? 

I think it is, I asked them and they said “status of preparation for stay in germany” is one of the criteria. Even though I only have A1 in german.

nope, both are informed at the same time. 

Edited by Aline1995