DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

12 hours ago, asfold said:

hahha imagine a mass rejection.. i hope they are updating statuses now for tomorrow..

i called the Bonn office and they said  results are out last week..

my deadline was September 1st and i had no interview.. 

thanks and good luck to you too..

one thing: my status was ''application submitted'' all the time it didn't change to '' pre-selection made'' or ''hard copies received''  

does that mean anything ? :P

Doesn’t mean anything! Mine never changed and Friday I received the acceptance mail:)

16 hours ago, Archie011 said:

Hello!

Same here, it could be some scheduled maintenance, or they could be prepping us for some (bad) news (mass rejection haha) :) I am worried because some people (although all of them humanities students, and I'm applying for mechanical engineering) got their acceptance email on Thursday, and my status is still "Vorauswahl erfolgt", no email.

Whichever way, I wish you good luck and keep us posted. I will post if something happens.

For the record, my DAAD office is the one for Eastern Europe and Turkey, application deadline 15th of November and I had the interview in early February.

hey man,, i called bonn just now nad they said that news should have been last week, but there is a delay... and that everybody will be informed in the next cpl of days.. goodluck.

she said: ''this week, hopefully in the next couple of  days ''

Edited by asfold

1 hour ago, asfold said:

hey man,, i called bonn just now nad they said that news should have been last week, but there is a delay... and that everybody will be informed in the next cpl of days.. goodluck.

she said: ''this week, hopefully in the next couple of  days ''

Thanks for informing us! Hope we'll hear good news in the next couple of days :)

10 minutes ago, muzicgurl101 said:

US Applicant here! Just checked this morning and status changed to "Funding" with "Declaration of Acceptance" to the left side - no formal email yet! I definitely won't feel totally comfortable until I get that, but I'm utterly shocked...!!!

Congratulations on being awarded the fellowship.

1 hour ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

I received an email informing me that the amount of money the DAAD has to fund applicants is low this cycle. As a result I've been sort of waitlisted for funding. They will notify me in a few weeks.

DAAD Short-Term Research funding

Ohh...so stress will just prolongate. Good luck! From where you applied?

Some news from Europe/ Balkan? My status still same...paper copies received, I applied for PhD.

Edited by Miskra

52 minutes ago, praveen5321468 said:

Got mail on friday that result for will be declared after May :mellow:

I am from India :(

Oh no.:o A week ago, they told me that the result will be out in the first week of April for the applicants from Nepal, India, Srilanka, and Bangladesh.  It sounds that they themselves are not sure about the date. This wait is already too long and holding up until May seems impossible. :angry:

Again confusion, one of my friend was informed that result might be announce by second week of April but he is not sure as earlier he was told that result will be announced before 25 March :(.

Let stay strong and positive :)

Any last year applicant who have idea what is the chance of getting selected after interview,  this waiting period is killing me :(

Edited by praveen5321468

Yeah of course always be positive! Apart from this horrible waiting period, when I went to the interview in january they told me that the phd would start in october as well, but in the webpage of the phd position was mentioned April as the starting month, because there is the german languange course prior to the beginning of the scholarship. Now, I got that a lot of people are applying from all over the world, but for f**** sake, be clear on dates. How am I supposed to organize trips and stuff if I don't have at least a couple of weeks to prepare? Idk

41 minutes ago, MicTric said:

Yeah of course always be positive! Apart from this horrible waiting period, when I went to the interview in january they told me that the phd would start in october as well, but in the webpage of the phd position was mentioned April as the starting month, because there is the german languange course prior to the beginning of the scholarship. Now, I got that a lot of people are applying from all over the world, but for f**** sake, be clear on dates. How am I supposed to organize trips and stuff if I don't have at least a couple of weeks to prepare? Idk

At the time of interview, I was told that result would be declared by mid march but yes off course they didn't mention the year.:D

Edited by praveen5321468

This has to be the most horrible waiting period I've ever been through. Like the other member mentioned above, we can't plan long-term for anything! It will be so demotivating after all of these months if we were to be rejected.

Not to mention the website which is maintained every two days. You are Germany for god's sake, you have the best developers in the world. At least make a better and more functional portal.

12 minutes ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

Hi, I am also a phd sandwich candidate. Was it a generic mail? Because I did not receive any such mail! 

No, it was not a generic mail. It was reply to my mail regarding "probable date for announcement of DAAD result this year".

But again every one is getting different reply :( so I am not relying on that reply. 

Hope we all get selected irrespective of this looooooooooooooong wait :)

20 minutes ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

Hi, I am also a phd sandwich candidate. Was it a generic mail? Because I did not receive any such mail! 

In your earlier post, you mentioned that you have received mail about your selection from DAAD indian office. Is it so, as I have also applied for PhD sandwich program but have not received any such mail. :(

Do anyone from DAAD india have received such mail regarding PhD sandwich.  Now another confusion :wacko: