The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

17 minutes ago, Halek said:

Two people (I'm assuming in my cohort) nominated me for two ecology grad student association positions (one of them being president). I'm both flattered and horrified and unsure if I should accept the nominations.

Don’t be so humble! You deserve the trust. 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Don’t be so humble! You deserve the trust. 

I ended up accepting the nomination to be the go-between between the ecology students and general grad school. While I'd love to be president in the long term, I don't have a lot of connections within the department yet so maybe next year when I feel a little better connected (hurray first year student problems)

My mentor is such a great guy. He lent me his umbrella today because I had to walk further than him in the rain and we were going opposite directions. He is very attentive and encouraging, and we share a lot of the same values. It's funny because I was placed with him by chance to be his RA my first year, and I didn't think I was going to do research in his area. But now I am doing research in his area, and I've worked with him for 3 & 1/2 years, and I don't think I would be as comfortable with the other professors in this area. I'm very thankful that I get to work with him.