The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

20 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Although I have lost hope entirely on finding a romantic partner (and not because of my age, but rather because of the life choices I have made), today was a good day because I did not cry once. 

I hope you will find a good partner on your next journey in PhD school

8 hours ago, LOST!!! said:

Enjoy your life! It’s better to be single than being in an unhealthy relationship 

I never said that I would set the bar low. You really don’t know who i am to say something like that. I am enjoying life and have accomplished a lot on my own but I wish to be in a meaningful and positive relationship. It’s not mutually exclusive.

Now that the end of the semester is almost in sight and I only have to finish up a few things, I am filled with a fresh supply of motivation and laser beam focus. It's nice that I'm getting this now when I need it, but I wish I had this focus the whole time. I would have had so much more free time!

7 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I never said that I would set the bar low. You really don’t know who i am to say something like that. I am enjoying life and have accomplished a lot on my own but I wish to be in a meaningful and positive relationship. It’s not mutually exclusive.

I so relate to everything you say about relationships lol. 

3 hours ago, ResilientDreams said:

It's snowing here and I just got back the pictures from a photoshoot I did with my friend and they're really pretty. :) Also I finished both my final papers and met my semester writing goal for my thesis. 

I'm sorta happy I left UVa 'on time' to get my flight, not sure how I would have left Cville with this messy weather haha. But also sad to miss it.. Cville is growing on me..

On 12/9/2018 at 8:13 AM, bibliophile222 said:

Now that the end of the semester is almost in sight and I only have to finish up a few things, I am filled with a fresh supply of motivation and laser beam focus. It's nice that I'm getting this now when I need it, but I wish I had this focus the whole time. I would have had so much more free time!

Whoops. Looks like my focus only lasted a day and a half. Oh well, back to mindless browsing.

Some of my final grades from this quarter are in, and I'm inching closer to a 3.3! Waiting on one more to send out the rest of my apps due on the 15th, and then will send out updated transcripts in a week with another grade to all of my schools. It might not make a big difference, but every little bit counts.

GPA from this quarter's grades alone went from 3.18 to 3.26, and still waiting on one more to be posted next week. Not a huge difference, but looks much better. Submitting the rest of my apps tomorrow!

The process of applying to grad school, although exhausting and discouraging at points, has made me more confident in my capability to write statements of purpose, cover letters, and other similar documents. Although waiting for decisions is UNBELIEVABLY stressful, I'm thankful for the skills I've already learned on this journey!