The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

I saw a play today on the topic of residential school survivors in Canada. It was an emotional play, but a great one. 

Other than that, I am working on the final lines of my master's thesis tonight. Will finish tomorrow the first draft and send it off to my supervisor by tomorrow evening. I'm closer to the end!

26 minutes ago, Moods said:

Never mind! I just checked the BME forum! This is so awesome!!! 

Thank you! Honestly, I'm really hoping something turns around this month so that I actually have options, you know?But having that first acceptance is such a relief. Hope good news also comes your way.

8 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Thank you! Honestly, I'm really hoping something turns around this month so that I actually have options, you know?But having that first acceptance is such a relief. Hope good news also comes your way.

I  know what you mean by wanting to have options. I am afraid that when I visit BU in two weeks that I might not actually like it, but it is a good feeling to have an acceptance with funding! I am so grateful for it! And thank you!? I hope more good news comes your way too! 

8 hours ago, Moods said:

I  know what you mean by wanting to have options. I am afraid that when I visit BU in two weeks that I might not actually like it, but it is a good feeling to have an acceptance with funding! I am so grateful for it! And thank you!? I hope more good news comes your way too! 

Boston seems like a super likable city. I would love to live there. Hopefully the department and faculty are on point, too. :)

I talked to my undergrad advisor yesterday, and I feel really at peace with whatever is around the corner for me. I'm still awaiting 6-8 decisions from PhD programs (I have reason to believe I'm waitlisted or rejected at 2, but unsure overall), but, I did get into a good master's program, and if that's what is in store for me next in life, that's okay. It may shape what kind of PhD program I eventually go into, but I can only imagine it would shape it in a good way. 

Even though I didn't want to go MA first, then PhD, you know what? I'm okay with that, and it could be a good thing. Any way it goes now, I'll be ok. And that's a good feeling. 

I was accepted to a combined MA/PhD program fully funded!! This school would also let me stay close to my friends and family and has strong faculty across multiple departments with interests in my field of study!

Just now, CN0rd said:

I was accepted to a combined MA/PhD program fully funded!! This school would also let me stay close to my friends and family and has strong faculty across multiple departments with interests in my field of study!

Congratulations!!!!! And happy Valentine's Day -- what good news today ?