The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I love music. What do you listen ? 

Asian Indie, Jazz, Soul, the standard hipster guitar stuff, 80s things like the Smiths, singer-songwriter, occasionally some country-style (e.g., Townes van Zandt), more classic pop bands like Fleetwood Mac, late 60s early 70s Brazilian pop. Quite diverse haha. 

10 minutes ago, Psygeek said:

Asian Indie, Jazz, Soul, the standard hipster guitar stuff, 80s things like the Smiths, singer-songwriter, occasionally some country-style (e.g., Townes van Zandt), more classic pop bands like Fleetwood Mac, late 60s early 70s Brazilian pop. Quite diverse haha. 

Wow!

10 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I received the information package related to my PhD program from my future university by email. I still don't realize that I will be starting my program in a few months. Things are getting real.

Plus, I also am meeting with my potential future roommate this Saturday. A friend in commun suggested we should live together. She's also starting her PhD at the same university (different program), and I googled her, she does anti-racist and feminist research, has written open letters in the media, has travelled in developing countries, etc. She seems cool already! 

I was trying to figure out how I would maintain a practicum and employment. My employer is willing to work around my schedule and to support me in a new role that has never been tried. Things are gellin!

I finished another book review (my 2nd) for a journal. Plus, I finished the first draft of an article! Writing actually helps me to put my anxiety to pause. It's such a intellectually engaging activity that it leaves no room for worry about the past and/or the future. 

3 hours ago, BioCook said:

I finished knitting a sock! Also, I am going to grad school in the fall!!! Still haven't heard back from all schools yet, but it feels great to get in the first cycle. :)

This made my day as well as a friend accepting an offer for grad school in the same city as me :)

Today I found out I'm in the running for my top choice summer placement. It's really close, the largest hospital in the state, and would really help me get my foot in the door for future outpatient and inpatient positions. The sucky part is that I'll be competing against other girls in my cohort. The good news is that there are only three of us interviewing for two positions, so at least my odds are decent!