The Positivity Thread

PokePsych

I just gave a panel today. I was not satisfied with my performance and relevance at the panel but I was invited to it, so I decided to take part in it. I don't know if what I said touched the crowd who was present. Out of the three panelists, I received zero questions. (I hate when that happens, and it happens to me very often). While I was telling the entire story to my mom, asking myself if I should do panels again, I received an email that I won an award for which someone has nominated me, for my overall community engagement. I don't do panels for that, but it kinda reassured me even if I still feel anxious about this panel. 

Edited by Adelaide9216

I was really productive today! I really enjoy academic writing (for real!) It's the best anti-depressant ever,

On top of that, I learned to day that although I did not make the cut amongst the 25 finalists for a contest, the jury gave me an "honorary mention" and I will get 1000$ as well. So surprised but yay! 

Just found this forum. Kind of curious, but since I've been really excited about the "road trip" when I relocate for grad school, I wanted to know if anyone had recommendations for fun stops between the southeast and northwest US. First time leaving the eastern seaboard to pursue what I love. ❤️

Edited by Tako

On 12/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Although I have lost hope entirely on finding a romantic partner (and not because of my age, but rather because of the life choices I have made), today was a good day because I did not cry once. 

*e-hugs* Right there with you, but 31.  Cry at least once a week. And for Indian girls in my situation, the stigma is real.  People assume that you're "defective".  

I visited one of the programs that accepted me yesterday, and I feel much more excited about it! It's at a university that has a reputation as a commuter school, but the MFA program seems to have a really strong community. Two of the students there invited me for coffee afterwards, and they were so nice and helpful. After hearing their thoughts about the program, it's a much better fit for me than I realized. I don't know if I have funding yet, but they told me my odds were good. Keeping my fingers crossed!