Jump to content
Psygeek

The Positivity Thread

Recommended Posts

Maybe I'm more invested in music this year but oh lord, it's only April and fantastic albums can't stop rolling in. These are some of my favorites:

MGMT Little Dark Age

Sunflower Bean Twentytwo In Blue

Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour

Kali Uchis Isolation

Father John Misty God's Favorite Customer

Sofi Tukker Treehouse

U.S. Girls In a Poem Unlimited

Camila Cabello Camila

The Neighbourhood (self-titled)

Tinashe Joyride

Kimbra Primal Heart

Cardi B Invasion of Privacy

Bishop Briggs Church of Scars

Shame Songs of Praise

Amen Dunes Freedom

Porches The House

Superorganism Superorganism

I am starving for a new Vampire Weekend album. And that lady my account is named after, too ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Maybe I'm more invested in music this year but oh lord, it's only April and fantastic albums can't stop rolling in. These are some of my favorites:

MGMT Little Dark Age

Sunflower Bean Twentytwo In Blue

Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour

Kali Uchis Isolation

Father John Misty God's Favorite Customer

Sofi Tukker Treehouse

U.S. Girls In a Poem Unlimited

Camila Cabello Camila

The Neighbourhood (self-titled)

Tinashe Joyride

Kimbra Primal Heart

Cardi B Invasion of Privacy

Bishop Briggs Church of Scars

Shame Songs of Praise

Amen Dunes Freedom

Porches The House

Superorganism Superorganism

I am starving for a new Vampire Weekend album. And that lady my account is named after, too ;) 

 

Love your taste in music ~ gonna check all the artists I dont know today ^^, Always happy to discover new music.

Just came back from a week long (food)trip to Taiwan ^^,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I graduate from undergrad in a week from today! I have been accepted to my top choice for a grad program and have my living arrangements set, just need to find a super part time job. As of today I am done with 2 of my classes! For the summer I have an internship lined up and I’m super excited for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally let my job know that I am leaving, and feel a lot more relieved that I no longer have to hide that fact. I also finished all the background searches, have picked my lab, and have even discussed my potential project and talked to all the lab members. Getting the schedule for the Fall Semester and the orientation programs makes me feel like it's finally real. This is it, and it's finally happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Psygeek said:

Love your taste in music ~ gonna check all the artists I dont know today ^^, Always happy to discover new music.

Just came back from a week long (food)trip to Taiwan ^^,

Let me know if you enjoy any!

And yass, Taiwan sounds awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Let me know if you enjoy any!

And yass, Taiwan sounds awesome.

I've been a Josh Tillman/Father John Misty fan for a while now. He's great!!! Have been following him since I discovered Fleet Foxes. But will check out the other ones later. Have been discovering Korean/Japanese indie lately ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Psygeek said:

I've been a Josh Tillman/Father John Misty fan for a while now. He's great!!! Have been following him since I discovered Fleet Foxes. But will check out the other ones later. Have been discovering Korean/Japanese indie lately ;)

You're gonna love the new Misty album if you haven't listened! It's easier to handle than the last one lol.

I don't know much about Korean or Japanese music, but Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is so gifted. Not exactly indie since she's had a string of hits in Japan but she's so interesting

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Carly Rae Jepsen Check Mitsume, Phum Viphurit, Lucie too, hyukoh, Jaurim, 10cm, 새소년, OOHYO, Mondo Grosso, YeYe, Zion T., Lucky Tapes, Sister's Barbershop (언니네이발관 - their 2008 record is one of my favs), Heize, Lim Kim, CHEEZE (their song Mango is one of my all time favs), and any playlist by  미러볼 뮤직 - Mirrorball Music on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFLpQbIUB8w&t=1685s for example).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I applied to my first TA position. Will know in July if I got selected!

will keep my fingers crossed for you!

All my documents needed to enroll arrived in the US. Hopefully will get my documents for visa soon :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Officially done with my coursework. Finished my first year as a graduate student with a CGPA of 3.83 out of 4. Now on to the ethics approval to start collecting data next fall. 

Congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just opened up my application fall for Ph.D. in Social Work for Fall 2019! Can't sleep so did that instead, especially since I have to apply to three scholarships this summer alone lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Taking part in a research congress tomorrow on sexual assault in colleges in universities. I'll be moderating two workshops!

2) Everytime my current supervisor sees me, she smiles a LOT in the same way that she smiles when she talks about her own children. We've known each other and worked together for the last 4-5 years so I guess she must appreciate me a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This month was good:

1) I got really good teaching evals for last semester.

2) I got a scholarship for one of my research papers. Not only does this mean I get some research money, but it's also something I can put on my CV.

3) A relationship with a guy may be starting to bud. If not, I've had a fun time flirting with him thus far. I always underestimate how fun it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.