No responses yet... Applied to:

CSU Fullerton

CSU Long Beach

CSU Los Angeles

San Diego State University

Chapman University

Loma Linda University

University of Redlands

Has anyone applied to any of these programs, and if so, heard from anyone yet?

Thanks, and good luck!

I'm doing the NYU interview this Friday too! I really don't know what to expect...anyone have any ideas. I am brushing up on interview questions, but do not have a clue if I am even doing the right thing. Also waiting on the TC decisions...does this mean the decisions are all going out on the 15th, or is it possible that it will be before? Ah, the waiting game!

No responses yet... Applied to:

CSU Fullerton

CSU Long Beach

CSU Los Angeles

Chapman University

Loma Linda University

University of Redlands

Has anyone applied to any of these programs, and if so, heard from anyone yet?

Thanks, and good luck!

I also applied to CSU Fullerton, no word yet. There is an online status check though, but it has not been updated with a decision. At least there is something besides email to obsess over! :)

I applied to these schools with no word yet:

U Nevada Reno

U Louisiana Monroe

U Louisiana Lafayette

Montevallo U

Bloomsburg U

(Cal State Fullerton, like I mentioned)

Good luck to all. I hope our decisions acceptances come SOON!

Hey everyone! I just got back from Northwestern's recruitment/interview weekend for their PhD program in CSD, and to all those accepted to their SLP masters program: you're going to love it there! I really have no basis of comparison since I haven't visited any other CSD departments, but the faculty and staff all seemed super nice and their facilities are definitely state-of-the-art. Looks like masters students get their own little lounge area to study (complete with an adjacent kitchen, haha). Lots of opportunities to participate in research there, too.

I got home to 2 letters in the mailbox... one was a rejection (ouch) and the other was wait listing. It did say "If a student(s) declines you will be offered a spot"... reading into it and making it seem more like only 1 person has to decline, GOOD ODDS for me!

Rejected from U Louisiana Lafayette, Wait listed at Bloomsburg U.

Hey I was wondering if we may be able to post stats and then acceptances/rejections so the rest of us can know our odds too?

I'm in my senior year at a top tier school (not an Ivy) -3.53 GPA in last 2 years. 3.8 overall. (I transferred schools and did poorly my first year as a transfer)

-Ling/Psych major who specialized in Neuroscience..non SLP may hurt my chances

-no published materials but have been working as an RA for about a year.

-I'm a live-in employee for students with developmental disabilites (I also happen to specialize in language issues of the developmentally disabled)

-paltry..beyond abismal GRE score

-have been teaching and substitute teaching in Special Education classrooms for about 3 years now

applied to:

NYU

TC Columbia

Gallaudet

UT Austin

Got an interview with NYU but cannot go, so we're currently trying to schedule a phone interview. Have heard nothing from anyone else. It's beyond stressful.

good luck all!

When is the wait long enough to call without being annoying? My top choice's deadline was Feb. 1. Can I call yet?! I heard back from schools with deadlines in late February already... where are you top choice acceptance?

res, i couldn't wait and called them this morning. i got my first acceptance! (into their MS/PhD program). they told me they mailed my envelope on friday 3/5, so i guess it should be here any day now. yay!

btw res, hasn't emerson started notifying their applicants? have you heard anything from them yet?

Congrats remixed! And yeah, Emerson has definitely been notifying people for a month now. I called yesterday and they said they should be finished with decisions "in the next two weeks." I got the feeling they weren't going to be sending anyone anything for at least two weeks though, which doesn't really leave anyone much time. "Luckily" for me it won't matter anyway since I have yet to be actually accepted anywhere.

University of Illinois-admitted, waiting on funding info. Not expecting anything. This is probably my top choice.

Indiana University-admitted, on waitlist for funding. Also a top choice.

University of Wisconsin, Madison-waitlisted, removed myself yesterday from it

University of Washington-rejected, not surprised.

Washington State University-accepted, definitely not going there. It's more expensive than IU for out of staters and ranked lower.

Illinois State-randomly checked website. Admitted. Not sure when we hear about funding though, I guess they're all on Spring Break this week.

Northern Illinois-waiting to hear back, I'm assuming I'll be admitted.

Emerson College-waiting to hear back, it's doubtful I'll be admitted.

Portland State-waiting to hear back

Any future speech and lang pathologists out there? What schools have you heard from? What schools are you still waiting to hear from?

I've applied to:

Northwestern University

Rush University

Northern Illinois University

Still waiting to hear from all of them...

Good luck to everyone! B)

I'm at NIU right now. Stay away, very far away.

They screw students on funding so bad. Tuition waiver doesn't include fees, fee's are approximately 1/3rd of your school costs.

Most graduate students here in my dept are not happy to be here at all. They are bitter and take it out on the undergraduates.

Edited by chemdoc

I'm at NIU right now. Stay away, very far away.

They screw students on funding so bad. Tuition waiver doesn't include fees, fee's are approximately 1/3rd of your school costs.

Most graduate students here in my dept are not happy to be here at all. They are bitter and take it out on the undergraduates.

Oh my! I'm so happy I know that, I can cross NIU off my list.

Anybody hear from Teachers College? The waiting is killing me!

Ok so I didn't apply to the teachers college, but do you mean the teachers college of columbia university? If so, I saw that someone posted this on the results page...

To the other people anxiously waiting to hear from the Spe-Path Language program. I spoke to the department and they are still going over applications...she said because Spring Break is next week...they will probably be getting decisions down to admissions the week of the 23rd.....ARGH!!!!!

Hope that helps! :D

Bamagirl- Have you been brave enough to call Montevallo yet and see when they plan to send out letters? I'm way too passive to call anyone!

No I haven't. But my friend called them, and they said that they're in the process of making decisions.

What is everyone wearing to the NYU interview day? And does anyone know if TC Columbia does interviews? I hope not because I am from AL and don't want to make two trips to nyc for interview days.

Acceptances: Purdue, University of Georgia, University of Alabama

Interviews: NYU, University of Tennessee, Georgia State University

Rejections: Vanderbilt, UNC-Chapel Hill

Still waiting for: Emerson, TC Columbia, University of Florida, Auburn University, University of South Alabama, Montevallo

Did other people use the CSDCAS? What did you all think?

At first I thought it was kind of a pain having a middle man, but now I am thinking that it helped me in the long run. They calculated like 10 different GPA's for me. My undergrad was in Business and my GPA was a 3.57 (Darn Accounting and Finance Coursestongue.gif ) But with the CSDCAS, they separated out my post-baccalaureate GPA, Comm Sci GPA, Behav. Sci, etc., which were all a lot higher.

I'm just wondering b/c I find it interesting that I have been accepted to all the schools I applied to using the CSDCAS and was rejected from the two (one lower ranked) that I didn't use the CSDCAS for.

Anyone experience a similar situation?

I used CSDCAS to apply to BU and I hated it. It took them forever to do anything and they kept messing things up. I had requested they send my app to BU on 1/1. They finally sent it on 2/24. I can't help but think this might have been why I was WL at BU. When I called BU to get my result and told the secretary my name she said "oh yeah, I remember you, your application was really late, right?"

Of course BU claims that had no effect on its decision.