NYU Wagner 2018

nycpolicy

10 hours ago, OverCloudy said:

OMG I didn't get the email. Worried.

I received an email one week after the deadline from NYU Wagner Admissions that included the following:

"Thank you for submitting your application to NYU Wagner. We have received all requisite materials, and your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

I think this is what they are referring to. 

On 2017/12/19 at 3:26 AM, Jamesvsteel said:

I received an email one week after the deadline from NYU Wagner Admissions that included the following:

"Thank you for submitting your application to NYU Wagner. We have received all requisite materials, and your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

I think this is what they are referring to. 

Just got my verification email, thx for replying!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, help me out here. My checklist was completed on 12/22 (had an additional requirement due to international undergrad) and I haven't received an email yet on my application being forwarded to the committee. I had emailed them on 12/11 with an update on the additional requirement and they said that my file is waiting to be reviewed for completeness. There have been a ton of holidays in between so that's probably the reason, but should I still reach out to NYU and ask what's up (maybe on 5th which will be the 2 week mark since my checklist was complete) or should I just wait it out? I'm hesitating because I have already contacted them once. 

@aaprabhakar I don't think there's any reason to get in touch with them again. Admissions will reach out to you if there is any part of your app that's missing or they have questions on. They likely have several thousand apps to go through before March, and you never know whether yours will be one of the first or the last! Try not to panic :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, nepravilniybuterbrod said:

Resurrecting this thread. Anyone expect Masters results before next Friday?

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! I am on edge! From what I've read around, although the admissions process says 'You will be notified BY March 2, 2018" , I'm not sure if anyone will receive an offer before Friday, as I feel they will be released that exact day. Has anyone heard anything yet?!

Also another question for any of you who may know...

I applied on the Dec 1 deadline, received my confirmation email etc, but I am applying from Canada (however I am a US Citizen), and on Feb 6 there was an upload materials change on my application, reading:

• 02/06/2018 03:22 PM - International Evaluation

Anyone have an idea of what this means? I imagine if they needed any documents from me, they would have emailed me, but didn't want to assume.

Goodluck to everyone this week!

17 hours ago, Amber Ghosh said:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! I am on edge! From what I've read around, although the admissions process says 'You will be notified BY March 2, 2018" , I'm not sure if anyone will receive an offer before Friday, as I feel they will be released that exact day. Has anyone heard anything yet?!

Also another question for any of you who may know...

I applied on the Dec 1 deadline, received my confirmation email etc, but I am applying from Canada (however I am a US Citizen), and on Feb 6 there was an upload materials change on my application, reading:

• 02/06/2018 03:22 PM - International Evaluation

Anyone have an idea of what this means? I imagine if they needed any documents from me, they would have emailed me, but didn't want to assume.

Goodluck to everyone this week!

I don't think the places where you uploaded materials have an impact on the evaluation process.

What else does the mail read except the international evaluation message?

Anyway, as it almost approaches the result timeline,

I hope we get lucky results in the next few days! praying.. 

On 2018-02-24 at 7:18 AM, OverCloudy said:

I don't think the places where you uploaded materials have an impact on the evaluation process.

What else does the mail read except the international evaluation message?

Anyway, as it almost approaches the result timeline,

I hope we get lucky results in the next few days! praying.. 

There is no other details in the upload materials section regarding that international evaluation notification. So maybe they were just trying to inform me that an international evaluation was being done on my application?

Anyhow.. praying as well! Good luck to you!

Hi all! I wasn't the poster in the Results page, but can confirm that semifinalist interviews for one of the MUP fellowships have occurred.

In my interview with an admissions rep, they said that decisions will be released on Friday, 3/2 (not before) with funding decisions shortly thereafter.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by mkl125

16 minutes ago, mkl125 said:

Hi all! I wasn't the poster in the Results page, but can confirm that semifinalist interviews for one of the MUP fellowships have occurred.

In my interview with an admissions rep, they said that decisions will be released on Friday, 3/2 (not before) with funding decisions shortly thereafter.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks! Very helpful.

5 hours ago, mkl125 said:

Good luck to everyone!

Super helpful! Thank you and good luck!!

I know...the wait is killing me. I really like NYU but ended up dedicating a lot of time to other applications due that same weekend. My time management aka obsessive editing was a bit out of control. Anyway Im not very confident in the quality of my NYU application so I’m stressing that it’s one of the first to get back to me!!! Luckily I’m on vacation at the moment so I just need to keep myself at a reasonable distance from a computer for most of the day to curb the constant refresh/grad cafe checking habit. 

My issues that have been eating me are A. One of my recommenders has been procrastinating insanely long on submitting letters to the point that I doubt they will ever get in (luckily not for NYU), but also B. Wagner and HKS deadlines were much earlier than my other deadlines so they were the first ones I submitted. Realized I made several rookie mistakes that I fixed on later apps, but of course those were the ones were small mistakes would matter the most lol. Oh well