NYU Wagner 2018

nycpolicy

I have two more school including NYU left. I need some good news.  Sorry wrong school. Out at the Public Health. Still waiting for Wagner 

Edited by GradNYC

6 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

Ughhhh! I wish they would just let us know today. I need good news. Two rejections and I’m Just feeling depleted. 

I'm sure things will work out with NYU! I had a similar situation where I got a lot of rejections for non-public policy programs but have been having a better run with MPPs.

Thanks :). I applied to one public health PhD program. It really was a long shot and I don’t even have a masters in public health. The other was a public policy program but not in NY. Not toooo upset because I want to stay local. Soooo Wagner and New School are really where my heart is at. 

1 hour ago, Jamesvsteel said:

Wagner and HKS deadlines were much earlier than my other deadlines so they were the first ones I submitted. Realized I made several rookie mistakes that I fixed on later apps, but of course those were the ones were small mistakes would matter the most lol. Oh well

Yup yup yup. I'm in the same boat. Completing subsequent apps had me faceplanting.

10 minutes ago, misuny said:

Yup yup yup. I'm in the same boat. Completing subsequent apps had me faceplanting.

This is painfully relatable. Particularly if you were taking the GRE and LSAT during your penultimate sem of college while applying. Don't follow my example, kids.

Does anyone know if emails will come out at Midnight tonight, or throughout the work day tomorrow?

Also worried because on Vimeo it looks like they haven't viewed my application video - anyone else having that problem?

Still no news from NYU! It’s odd because there has been NO communication from them since the submission of application & forwarding to the committee. I wish they’d keep us more posted.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:16 AM, lackey said:

@vivianh9 I feel your nervousness. One thing that's helped me keep my mind off things is reading very good biographies that I'm excited about. It's helped me learn and be a bit funner in conversation, and now it feels like my time is passing marginally faster too!

Thank you for the advice~! I work Mon-Fri so I don't really have that much of downtime but when I get off work I immediately feel the nerves. The decision is coming out today so fingers crossed! Best of luck to you! 

Edited by vivianh9
Mistakenly pressed sent

Good luck to everyone! I really liked the feel of Wagner when I visited. I was surprised by its intimacy and energy, and there was a collaboration present among students that I felt SIPA lacked a little (granted, I only sat in two classes at each program!). Did anybody else feel the same? 

Some other things I love:

--- the emphasis on interning/working during the school year. These are professional programs, and Wagner (more than any other) offers flexible schedules to work around internships. 

--- the vast majority of grads actually go into public service, whereas more SIPA/HKS/Harris grads go into the private sector. This difference adds to the unique atmosphere, I think. 

--- an estimated $42,000/year for tuition and fees is considerably less than, say, SIPA's $55,000. 

--- several of their specializations offer solid quant training geared towards the public sector. 

--- it offers many NYC-centric courses, and most grads remain in the city after graduation. For many I'm sure this is a negative, but if one intends to lay roots there then this is a big plus. 

Edited by Tk2356