NYU Wagner 2018

nycpolicy

5 minutes ago, misuny said:

Of course today is the day I have off of work so I’ve got nothing to distract me. 

I’m going to bake something. Maybe two somethings. Then at least I’ll have some cake whether or not the news is good. 

same but its 6:30 here in spain so ive gotten settled in with beers, netflix, and a 3 hour hair treatment

Truth is I don't pay much attention when I'm at work but when I hear a buzz on my phone I always thought it's the email. I am in the situation where I want to see something but I also don't want to (because I'm afraid it's rejection). Anyway, I think all of you feel the same. Just want to say Good Luck to everyone sincerely because we all deserve something good by the end of today. And what I've learned from my years of applying to schools and jobs is that, when it's about time, it will be yours! 

(Agree with the post about SIPA vs. Wagner - I was at SIPA visiting a friend in July, knowing that it's a very diverse environment but I just don't feel the diversity and inclusion. Everyone seems very reluctant to sit down and talk, or even say hi. I don't what is it like in Wagner but I'm not much into what SIPA gives me at the first look) 

I logged into my portal and the results are in! Accepted, no financial aid info yet. 

stats: 163Q, 165V, 5.0AW; currently an AmeriCorps VISTA, and an AmeriCorps NCCC alum with four years of not-too-relevant work experience.

Edited by juanlisa
to include stats

6 minutes ago, juanlisa said:

I logged into my portal and the results are in! Accepted, no financial aid info yet. 

Did you see the results right under status? still no info for me yet!

Yay also in! I was so worried and now feel so relieved. If anyone is planning on going to their admitted students activities (March 19 to 22) I would love to hear your impression. I am abroad at the moment and can’t make it to NYC on such short notice unfortunately. 

Stats: 170 verbal, 161 quant, 3.4 gpa, four years public service work experience. My essays were pretty lackluster though.

I'm in as well!! Congrats to all and hopefully the funding decisions are good!

Now the wait for the rest begins :D

PS: I'll be going for the admitted student activities, happy to share my experience with others who cannot make it and looking forward to hopefully meet some of you! 

Edited by aaprabhakar