NYU Wagner 2018

nycpolicy

Hi!

Also accepted with no aid. I feel it is very weird I've only seen ONE person comment that they've received any type of financial aid. What exactly is the check back form??

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, aaprabhakar said:

@misuny I am assuming those are self driven activities and not part of any official agenda right? I will be able to stay on in NYC for a few extra days and plan to do those activities then..

Not part of the official agenda, but there is a way to reserve a spot for class visits and schedule meetings with an NYU student and/or alum in advance.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, regala95 said:

I applied by the February deadline and received my admission letter yesterday (on the website)! No funding, though. 

Congrats!

So the decision came out faster than they said on the website? I thought it supposed to be 4/15 if applied by 2/16...

9 hours ago, Noracake775 said:

Congrats!

So the decision came out faster than they said on the website? I thought it supposed to be 4/15 if applied by 2/16...

Thanks! Indeed - I wasn't expecting it for another month. If you applied by that deadline, I wouldn't be nervous. I imagine they're releasing decisions as they make them. 

On 3/17/2018 at 8:37 PM, regala95 said:

I applied by the February deadline and received my admission letter yesterday (on the website)! No funding, though. 

Did you receive an email notifying you of the decision, or were you checking the website periodically?

• 3 weeks later...
On April 20, 2018 at 2:17 PM, PolicyHopeful2018 said:

Did anyone else hear back about the scholarship check back today? I didn’t receive additional funding (bummer) making the decision between NYU and SIPA even harder. Better luck to all of you!

I have not heard back yet. Did they send you an email or did you check the application portal? 

On 4/20/2018 at 2:17 PM, PolicyHopeful2018 said:

Did anyone else hear back about the scholarship check back today? I didn’t receive additional funding (bummer) making the decision between NYU and SIPA even harder. Better luck to all of you!

I got the email last Friday I believe, no aid which was pretty surprising! Why does it make the decision tougher for you @PolicyHopeful2018?

I filled out the check back in form and was allotted money from no aid to a considerable amount of aid a while back. In my check back form I acknowledged several Wagner fellowships that I felt I qualified for and requested at least matching aid from other comparable schools. 

On 4/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, regala95 said:

I have not heard back yet. Did they send you an email or did you check the application portal? 

The specific admissions member I had been corresponding with sent me an email (after me badgering them with emails about needing to hear back before April 23rd when we had to submit a decision). I ended up asking for a decision extension, though, and was granted two more weeks.

Edited by PolicyHopeful2018

On 4/26/2018 at 8:28 AM, nycpolicy said:

I got the email last Friday I believe, no aid which was pretty surprising! Why does it make the decision tougher for you @PolicyHopeful2018?

@nycpolicy I am now deciding between Wagner, SIPA, and Goldman (at Berkeley) after just hearing I got off the wait list. I didn’t receive money from any but could receive an in-state tuition reduction for my second year at GSPP at Berkeley. Between SIPA and Wagner I was leaning towards Wagner as they seem to have more students and faculty interested and committed to social/urban policy (specifically Education), but now I’m even more torn because of the price reduction at GSPP and the appeal of San Fran. I’m from NYC and live here now, but a two year break from the East Coast is appealing!