Harris 2018

Ellen123

15 minutes ago, Policy.Planner.NYC said:

Also, does anyone know if they ever call early admits the day before letters are released? Based on the results on gradcafe, it seems that this may happen for round 1 admits, but there is an extremely limited sample size. 

Well my birthday's tomorrow so that would rock. Plus I'm on the campus lol.

7 hours ago, frankfurtercardozo said:

Looks like they are going to call: 

Also this: 

On one hand, yikes. On the other, if few people applied EA in the first place a 168% increase isn't as impressive as it appears on paper. But here's to hoping that a larger class size tides us over.

3 hours ago, Policy.Planner.NYC said:

Also, does anyone know if they ever call early admits the day before letters are released? Based on the results on gradcafe, it seems that this may happen for round 1 admits, but there is an extremely limited sample size. 

You mean they will call admits tomorrow? Trembling waiting...

1 hour ago, Policy.Planner.NYC said:

I saw that a couple people in the results section last year reported being accepted via phone the day before decisions were released formally. 

Seems sort of counterintuitive but c'est la vie as they say. I'm sure there's a good reason for it if they do it.

On 12/20/2017 at 6:49 AM, lackey said:

On a lighter note, just got home to Chicago and found the Harris happy holidays note crammed in with stuff from law schools. I think my dad missed it and forgot to tell me, LOL. 

I am applying to law schools too. I don’t think I can get into U Chicago tho.

2 minutes ago, Ellen123 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is killing me. I checked the application portal and there is a "decision documents" icon, but when I click on it, it says there is nothing to report.

SAME! I checked it last night and there wasn't a decision icon there. It must have popped up sometime this morning.

What's the point of doing it a day plus in advance? LOL. At least we know they didn't lose our applications. ;)

57 minutes ago, Ellen123 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is killing me. I checked the application portal and there is a "decision documents" icon, but when I click on it, it says there is nothing to report.

This appeared for me yesterday in the afternoon. Still nothing to report! 

3 minutes ago, Ellen123 said:

I haven't totally lost hope yet, but hope is definitely fading...

The person who was accepted posted their stats and they were not crazy. 4 years work w/ 3.48 GPA and mid 150s on the GRE. Personally that gives me hope that applicant pool isn’t all 3.9s with 167-170 quant scores. 

12 minutes ago, Policy.Planner.NYC said:

The person who was accepted posted their stats and they were not crazy. 4 years work w/ 3.48 GPA and mid 150s on the GRE. Personally that gives me hope that applicant pool isn’t all 3.9s with 167-170 quant scores. 

Point well taken. Hoping for the best for us (and all Gradcafe-ers)!