Boren 2018-2019

malubra

9 minutes ago, SecretP said:

Well... So far one person that received the first budget email but not the second in the fellows group got the award. Make me happy (a tiny bit) since I only received the first email as a scholar...

I was stressing out crazy about that as I didn't have a second email and I was 10K over budget (but that's expected as I am doing this for my dissertation research).

I got it. As long as you are clear about getting a government job and are staying abroad for an extended period of time, you will be good

20 minutes ago, GoCParis said:

I'm looking at the spreadsheet and noticed a lot of scholarship applicants applied for a full academic year and I'm kind of wishing I had...

I definitely wish I could have done an academic year, but it would have interfered with my senior capstone project. I think my proposal was EXACTLY 6 months to the day, and I feel like that was probably the weakest part of my application 

11 minutes ago, Sarahpennies said:

I definitely wish I could have done an academic year, but it would have interfered with my senior capstone project. I think my proposal was EXACTLY 6 months to the day, and I feel like that was probably the weakest part of my application 

I do remember asking one of the Boren staff on what they consider an academic year, they stated anything from 6 months to a year.

1 hour ago, Cheshirecaitt said:

Or maybe not even until tomorrow....

I'm thinking this maybe a possibility because their office closes in less than 2 hours so unless they're planning to send it out at the last minute for some reason...

26 minutes ago, zhaile said:

I'm thinking this maybe a possibility because their office closes in less than 2 hours so unless they're planning to send it out at the last minute for some reason...

I got an email from Boren yesterday at 6pm thanking me for updating my budget information from an email I sent on Friday so I feel like anytime today can be fair game. The representative from my school also said that scholarship recipients should be notified by tomorrow though

Edited by dm23