Fall 2018 French

frenchlover

Hey!! How do you guys plan on getting the original francophone books you'll need for the program? Used books websites don't have them (usually), and on ebay and fnac they're really expensive *not including shipping*. Libraries seem out, too. Tips?

Your university's bookstore will have ordered copies. Theoretically, our stipends cover book costs. I must say, though, I bought very few books during my undergraduate career -- just work with your university's resources. Amazon also has good rates (i.e used bookstores selling on Amazon).

Edited by frenchlover

2 hours ago, frenchlover said:

Your university's bookstore will have ordered copies. Theoretically, our stipends cover book costs. I must say, though, I bought very few books during my undergraduate career -- just work with your university's resources. Amazon also has good rates (i.e used bookstores selling on Amazon).

Nope. First line of the course description says that the bookstore won't have them. At 20 bucks/ book, after rent and train and life, I won't have a stipend anymore ha.

10 hours ago, Glasperlenspieler said:

@Yanaka, Book Depository offers free shipping and since it's UK based, it tends to have a larger selection of foreign language books than most US book retailers. It can be a little slow though, so order early.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...