Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

Hi all! Since most apps are due, I thought it would be nice to have a place to post as interview invites start to come in (in addition to the results page)! Here's a template for the info to post:

School:

Type: PhD/PsyD

Date of invite:

Type of invite: Mass email, email from POI, phone call, etc.

Interview date(s):

It looks like there's also a thread that's been started in SDN:  https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2018-2019-phd-psyd-interview-invite-thread.1288337/ in case anyone follows that site as well. Good luck to everyone!

Hang in there, everyone. I was in your shoes last year and I know that it can be nerve racking and exciting and confusing and aggravating, but I can tell you it's worth it in the end. It took me 3 tries. In retrospect, I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck to everyone!

On 12/5/2017 at 4:35 PM, psych0 said:

To the Yale person who got an initial skype interview: if you wouldn't mind messaging me who your PI is I would really appreciate it!

Did you hear from that person?  I also applied to Yale and got an email back from the POI to whom I applied sounding interested a number of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since submitting my application.  I didn't expect it was quite time to start checking my email every 15 minutes yet.  I figured it would be at least another week or two for schools to review applications before starting to offer interviews.

32 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

Did you hear from that person?  I also applied to Yale and got an email back from the POI to whom I applied sounding interested a number of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since submitting my application.  I didn't expect it was quite time to start checking my email every 15 minutes yet.  I figured it would be at least another week or two for schools to review applications before starting to offer interviews.

Of note, the program I am now attending (top rated clinical program) took until late January to extend interviews. Don’t lose all hope until, I’d say, mid February when most application reviews are done and interview days are well under way. 

Best wishes to all! It’s a stressful process!

1 hour ago, topsailpsych said:

No, I didn't hear. Yeah this lines up with when Yale started notifying last year. 

I know it's early in the process, but watching interview invites go out in the past few days (and hearing nothing from my POIs) has flipped my mindset in the past week from, "I've got this, I'm a qualified applicant" to "I'm never going to get into grad school!!!" 

Exercising, writing papers, and playing with my cats is keeping me just barely sane. :blink:

5 hours ago, clinpsych55 said:

I know it's early in the process, but watching interview invites go out in the past few days (and hearing nothing from my POIs) has flipped my mindset in the past week from, "I've got this, I'm a qualified applicant" to "I'm never going to get into grad school!!!" 

Exercising, writing papers, and playing with my cats is keeping me just barely sane. :blink:

I literally feel like I could have written this, you've expressed what I'm thinking perfectly! Thankful for our cats and other distractions. 

The wait is killing me! Applied to Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, Oregon. U WIS-Madison, BU, Yale, Rutgers, Emory, and Harvard. Focus is on eating disorders and emotional regulation as it relates to eating pathology.  No idea what to expect. Average undergrad, 4.0 grad school, 2 research labs, 1 inpatient, 1 mental health start up, 1 publication.  Worked fulltime during all.  I'm 33 and ready to the exit corporate world... good luck to all.  Also, very much enjoying this site :) 

Edited by It's me E

28 minutes ago, psychn3rd said:

School: University of Toledo

Type: Clinical Psychology, PhD

Date of invite: 12/13/17

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 2/2 or 2/5

Do you get the sense that all invitations have been sent out?

On 12/14/2017 at 10:04 AM, Psych2018 said:

Can the poster who received an invite to University of Wyoming PM me the POI?

thanks!

On 12/13/2017 at 7:52 PM, psychn3rd said:

School: University of Toledo

Type: Clinical Psychology, PhD

Date of invite: 12/13/17

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): 2/2 or 2/5

20 hours ago, psytillidie said:

Will the posters who received invites to the University of Kentucky PM me your POIs? Thank you!

Could I second all of these? Any info about Toledo, Wyo, and/or Kentucky would help. Please and thanks!

Also, not for nothing, I found this calendar that CUDCP schools use, so I'm hoping I still have a week for Toledo: https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e Hopefully it's useful to anyone who might not have seen it yet.