Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

On 1/12/2018 at 11:20 PM, JClinical said:

I have been freaking out all day since I found this forum... I applied to 6 clinical psych PhD programs and haven’t heard back from any.. 

Syracuse
SUNY Albany
SUNY Binghamton
Fordham
Pittsburgh
Boston U 

I thought my chances were really good... (3.5 gpa, clinical internship experience, 2 years of research, REU, grants..) now I’m doubting myself... should I just take all of these as rejections since I haven’t hated from any? I’ve seen some people have gotten interviews from at least 5 of them....

Hey, Just wanted to update you guys that I checked in with SUNY Binghamton and all of the interview invites have already been sent, unfortunately. :/

School: University of Massachusetts: Boston

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of Invite: 1/16/18

Type of invite: email from POI for INFORMAL interview

Interview date: 1/18

I got an email asking for a preliminary phone interview! This is one of my top programs, so I'm very excited! This is my first time applying to clinical PhD programs and I know many applicants have more experience, better GPA, and higher GRE scores. I applied to 10 programs, I have 4 formal interviews and now 1 phone interview. I'm scared that all of this is too good to be true. Since I have at least 4 interviews, are my odds of actually getting accepted pretty high?? 

School: University of Pittsburgh

Type: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of Invite: 1/16/18

Type of invite: Phone call from administrator to arrange formal interview

Interview date: 2/16 & 2/17

First time applying to programs, still in undergrad at the moment. Had informal phone interview on 1/15. My previous research experience + senior thesis is very relevant to PI's current research. Very excited! Definitely my top choice.

On 1/15/2018 at 3:01 PM, psychlover0627 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Central Florida (clinical)?

I haven't.  If anyone has, I'd be curious to know as well.  I think they typically start contacting people around this time in the past.

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if the majority of interviews are out for American University, Georgia State, John Jay (CUNY), St. John's, or University of Illinois- Chicago. If you are one of the lucky humans that have scored an interview from any of those schools (congrats!!!) can you please PM me your POI? Thanks!! 

46 minutes ago, psych3d0ut said:

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if the majority of interviews are out for American University, Georgia State, John Jay (CUNY), St. John's, or University of Illinois- Chicago. If you are one of the lucky humans that have scored an interview from any of those schools (congrats!!!) can you please PM me your POI? Thanks!! 

Is St. John’s out?  I hadn’t seen any posts for that school. 

1 hour ago, psych3d0ut said:

Hello everyone!

I haven't heard from U of I Chicago. Haven't seen many posts either

On 1/14/2018 at 3:55 PM, neuronfire94 said:

School: University of Connecticut (UCONN)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 1/14

Type of invite: POI email

Interview date(s): 1/30 or 2/2

This was a big surprise, as POI is not as close of a fit as those at other programs and I thought that all invitations had been extended. I was actually searching the results page when I received the email!

Congrats! Would you mind PMing me the initials of your POI?

Has anyone heard from any of the programs/know they have sent out all invitations for interviews yet?

• University of Michigan
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
  • Indiana University, Bloomington
  • University of Nevada-Las Vegas

If you've received invitations, congrats! Mind sending me your POI initials? :) 

22 hours ago, clinical_chicana said:

School: University of Massachusetts: Boston

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of Invite: 1/16/18

Type of invite: email from POI for INFORMAL interview

Interview date: 1/18

I got an email asking for a preliminary phone interview! This is one of my top programs, so I'm very excited! This is my first time applying to clinical PhD programs and I know many applicants have more experience, better GPA, and higher GRE scores. I applied to 10 programs, I have 4 formal interviews and now 1 phone interview. I'm scared that all of this is too good to be true. Since I have at least 4 interviews, are my odds of actually getting accepted pretty high?? 

Can you PM me your POI & congrats on your interviews. 

32 minutes ago, ineedcoffee said:

Has anyone heard from any of the programs/know they have sent out all invitations for interviews yet?

• University of Michigan
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
  • Indiana University, Bloomington
  • University of Nevada-Las Vegas

If you've received invitations, congrats! Mind sending me your POI initials? :) 

I had a skype interview for UIUC earlier this month. As far as Michigan (Ann-Arbor), I applied there but haven't heard anything although earlier in December, people were getting Skype interviews and I think some people have gotten on-campus interviews so I assumed rejection for myself. 

Edit: I'm really really not sure about the on-campus interview so I'm striking that out. Don't want to freak anyone out! 

Edited by SarahTonin

5 minutes ago, SarahTonin said:

I had a skype interview for UIUC earlier this month. As far as Michigan (Ann-Arbor), I applied there but haven't heard anything although earlier in December, people were getting Skype interviews and I think some people have gotten on-campus interviews so I assumed rejection for myself. 

Could you tell me where you heard that people got on-campus interviews for UMich? I had a Skype interview a month ago and haven't heard since then..

16 minutes ago, pataka said:

Could you tell me where you heard that people got on-campus interviews for UMich? I had a Skype interview a month ago and haven't heard since then..

I heard it from a friend but I have a feeling she might have gotten her Michigans mixed up because I haven't seen anyone post about it on the results page, so take this with a large grain of salt. 

Edit: I'm really really not sure about the on-campus interview so I'm striking that out. Didn't want to freak anyone out! 

Edited by SarahTonin

15 minutes ago, SarahTonin said:

4 minutes ago, SarahTonin said:

I heard it from a friend but I have a feeling she might have gotten her Michigans mixed up because I haven't seen anyone post about it on the results page, so take this with a large grain of salt. 

Yeah, I've seen perhaps one or two entries on the result search page for Univ of Michigan (Ann Arbor) for the Feb 16 weekend I believe-- so I'm assuming rejection. But I am still curious about UIUC especially - complete radio silence. I've also seen one entry about a formal Skype interview (apparently they don't normally do in person interviews??). @SarahTonin  do  you mind DM'ing me your POI initials for UIUC?

This week has me in knots!

12 hours ago, psych3d0ut said:

apparently not yet but I was wondering if anyone had a zealous POI that contacted them 

Those for St. John's usually come out in mid-February judging from previous years. So nervous. It's my top choice!

51 minutes ago, SarahTonin said:

Edit: I'm really really not sure about the on-campus interview so I'm striking that out. Didn't want to freak anyone out! 

Okay, I haven't seen anything about Ann Arbor in the results page either, but wanted to make sure. Thanks! Also - would you mind DM'ing me your POI for UIUC? I applied there as well and haven't heard anything at all from them. Did you apply for clinical or counseling psych there?

44 minutes ago, ineedcoffee said:

Yeah, I've seen perhaps one or two entries on the result search page for Univ of Michigan (Ann Arbor) for the Feb 16 weekend I believe-- so I'm assuming rejection. But I am still curious about UIUC especially - complete radio silence. I've also seen one entry about a formal Skype interview (apparently they don't normally do in person interviews??). @SarahTonin  do  you mind DM'ing me your POI initials for UIUC?

This week has me in knots!

You've seen entries for UMich Ann Arbor on the results page for this year? I must have missed them; do you remember how long ago they were posted? Were they for clinical science/psychology? I do remember seeing posts for other areas of psych, but not clinical science. Sorry this sounds like I'm hounding you; I'm just so incredibly anxious!

I've gotten nothing but radio silence from UIUC as well. I think that based on the results page from last year, they inform towards the end of January, so perhaps there's still hope?