Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

On 1/19/2018 at 9:33 AM, Neuropsych24 said:

Hi all, I'm assuming some/most of the PhD clinical programs have sent out interview invites, but can anyone give an update on the following:

UAB

UCSD/SDSU joint doctoral program

Alabama Tuscaloosa

Vanderbilt

WUSTL

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, UAB and SDSU have not sent out invites yet. Based on past results, I think we should hear back next week.

1 hour ago, dr. bubbles said:

Hey, UAB and SDSU have not sent out invites yet. Based on past results, I think we should hear back next week.

UAB actually has appeared on the TCG results page, FYI. 

Last year when I applied to SDSU we heard back on way or another the last week of January (in my case it was a rejection... not surprised bc my research match was a huge stretch). I cannot say if this will be the case for you all this year, but continue to hang in there and be patient. :) 

Edited by Clinapp2017

8 minutes ago, Psych2018 said:

Has anyone heard from Saint Louis University, Kansas City, or Washington State?

Washington State usually extends in late January, so probably next week or the week after.

36 minutes ago, Psych2018 said:

Has anyone heard from Saint Louis University, Kansas City, or Washington State?

SLU typically reaches out in the last week of January, so I imagine next week or the week after people will start to hear from them. 

1 hour ago, Clinapp2017 said:

UAB actually has appeared on the TCG results page, FYI. 

Last year when I applied to SDSU we heard back on way or another the last week of January (in my case it was a rejection... not surprised bc my research match was a huge stretch). I cannot say if this will be the case for you all this year, but continue to hang in there and be patient. :) 

The posts about UAB on the results page are about people inquiring if interviews have been sent out, no one on TGC has received one for this cycle yet

On 1/12/2018 at 2:43 PM, LFPT03 said:

I am looking for any information regarding the following schools.  I know some of the schools have sent out invites, but I am interested to know if anyone knows about rejections as well:

• University of Alabama at Birmingham
  • East Carolina University
  • University of Louisville (when are interviews?)
  • University of Miami (anyone received a rejection?)
  • University of Missouri-Kansas City
  • University of New Mexico

I am waiting to hear back from ECU as well.  Their interview day is February 9 - it's coming up quick! I would like to make arrangements for housing sooner rather than later.

Edit: It looks like some people have received emails on the 15th and 19th of January for the clinical health psychology program at ECU. Historically they emailed this week. Do I freak out now or later.. hmm

Edited by BrainDox
new information

I'm new to this process.  I'm seeing letters went out for Montclair State and Fairleigh Dickenson today.  Wondering if the letters are ever staggered?   I haven't heard anything.

16 minutes ago, KrissCP said:

I'm new to this process.  I'm seeing letters went out for Montclair State and Fairleigh Dickenson today.  Wondering if the letters are ever staggered?   I haven't heard anything.

Hey there! Typically if the invite is from the Director of Clinical Training, it is a mass email and all of the invites go out at once. However, some schools have PI's send out the invites, and in that case the invites can be staggered. Hope it helps, and good luck with your application season!

7 hours ago, Neuropsych24 said:

Hi all, I'm assuming some/most of the PhD clinical programs have sent out interview invites, but can anyone give an update on the following:

UAB

UCSD/SDSU joint doctoral program

Alabama Tuscaloosa

Vanderbilt

Wash U St Louis

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The admissions committee in the Medical Clinical Psychology program at UAB are currently deliberating final interviewee choices – I'd expect invitations to go out within the next week or two.

13 minutes ago, lovedatresearch23 said:

So I’ve seen lots of posts from northwestern - feinberg medical today but has anyone gotten an invite for northwestern - Weinberg 

I applied and haven’t heard anything either so I’d also appreciate this information!