Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

I have been invited to an upcoming interview day. The invitation states that I will be interviewed by two faculty members. They did not specify which professors would be conducting the interviews. I was well prepared for my previous interviews but not sure what to do for this one. Do I need to familiarize myself with every professor on staff or just focus on my requested POI’s even though I’m not sure if I will be meeting with them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. 

12 hours ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

I have been invited to an upcoming interview day. The invitation states that I will be interviewed by two faculty members. They did not specify which professors would be conducting the interviews. I was well prepared for my previous interviews but not sure what to do for this one. Do I need to familiarize myself with every professor on staff or just focus on my requested POI’s even though I’m not sure if I will be meeting with them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. 

In my experience the interviewer won't expect you to know details about their work. When I have have had interviews with 'surprise' people my interests/goals/background seemed to be more important to them. It doesn't hurt to talk about your interest in your POI as well because they can bring that back to the admissions committee. Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Has anyone heard from the following programs? I have contacted them for status updates last week and was told I was "under review" , but is that code for rejected?

John Jay Clinical Psych

St. John Clinical Psych

Columbia Teacher College Counseling Psych

Kean PsyD

I have one interview (Pace PsyD), one waitlist (PCOM PsyD), and one rejection (Lehigh PhD due to funding) so I'm just trying to gauge where I stand right now. Thanks! I'm just super nervous because this is my second time applying for a PhD program, and the first time I actually made it to interviews

2 hours ago, cantunderstand said:

I'm in the same boat for 5 of my apps. Complete silence. Assuming rejection but no way to know for sure.

Ditto for some of mine. I've seen other people both accepted and rejected for some of the programs, but I've heard nothing and my status on the websites is still awaiting decision or under review.

12 hours ago, Applicant24 said:

Has anyone heard from the following programs? I have contacted them for status updates last week and was told I was "under review" , but is that code for rejected?

John Jay Clinical Psych

St. John Clinical Psych

Columbia Teacher College Counseling Psych

Kean PsyD

I have one interview (Pace PsyD), one waitlist (PCOM PsyD), and one rejection (Lehigh PhD due to funding) so I'm just trying to gauge where I stand right now. Thanks! I'm just super nervous because this is my second time applying for a PhD program, and the first time I actually made it to interviews

•  

I got an interview invitation for Kean PsyD last night. Good luck! 

12 minutes ago, missfleur said:

Does any one know if all invites to St John’s have gone out?

It looks like the first group of clinical psych went out a few weeks ago followed by child track a week later. I think they are extending additional invitations as people decline their interview offers. 

2 hours ago, Timemachines said:

Has anyone heard from BU?

You referring to Boston or Baylor? I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard from Baylor's PsyD program. It's been just about three weeks since the interview weekend. 

To people who haven't heard back yet,I am shocked by how many late interviews are going out.  I'm not trying to give false hope, but I've seen 3 schools that I heard from a month ago send out additional invitations this week.  One of them I interviewed for 3 weeks ago, and they haven't sent out any acceptances and just did another round of interview invites (which I'm not going to lie is semi frustrating because I expected to hear back this week) but You never know!  Happy for those who are getting an unexpected shot. Keep the hope alive.

32 minutes ago, KrissCP said:

To people who haven't heard back yet,I am shocked by how many late interviews are going out.  I'm not trying to give false hope, but I've seen 3 schools that I heard from a month ago send out additional invitations this week.  One of them I interviewed for 3 weeks ago, and they haven't sent out any acceptances and just did another round of interview invites (which I'm not going to lie is semi frustrating because I expected to hear back this week) but You never know!  Happy for those who are getting an unexpected shot. Keep the hope alive.

That’s interesting. I saw people post acceptances from a school I interviewed at. I haven’t heard anything at all. It’s so frustrating to see that. This process is so tough.