DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

28 minutes ago, MicTric said:

Yeah lets hope for the best. However, I don't remember who, but in this topic a guy called the office in bonn. They said that results will be out during the first 2 weeks of may. So hopefully we are close to the end of the run 

At least this endless waiting will come to an end and even that will be a great relief. 

On 4/30/2018 at 11:48 AM, MicTric said:

Yeah lets hope for the best. However, I don't remember who, but in this topic a guy called the office in bonn. They said that results will be out during the first 2 weeks of may. So hopefully we are close to the end of the run 

Hey MicTric

I just checked the portal and application status has just gone blank. Check out yours. I assume that is the end.

And one more thing, on the left side of the page, some of the Additional Payment forms are provided. I have no idea what is that, but the content states about accommodation reimbursement opportunity. Any ideas? 

Best of luck,

Ana

Edited by Anna_schneider

46 minutes ago, Anna_schneider said:

Hey MicTric

I just checked the portal and application status has just gone blank. Check out yours. I assume that is the end.

And one more thing, on the left side of the page, some of the Additional Payment forms are provided. I have no idea what is that, but the content states about accommodation reimbursement opportunity. Any ideas? 

Best of luck,

Ana

Lol, still application submitted. I guess that I will be the last man on earth to be rejected (f**k no) by Daad this year 

However, I guess that you got accepted! Because for some scholarships, they also provide some help for accomodation costs.. But I'll wait the official email to give you my congrats :D

5 minutes ago, MicTric said:

Lol, still application submitted. I guess that I will be the last man on earth to be rejected (f**k no) by Daad this year 

However, I guess that you got accepted! Because for some scholarships, they also provide some help for accomodation costs.. But I'll wait the official email to give you my congrats :D

Oh, come on, hold on! It is not really good time to give up. :)

I do not think that Additional Payment Forms mean anything, yet (at least don't want to come to any conclusions yet).

So, I will stay tuned. If anything changes, I will report :D 

Thanks for your encouragements! 

18 hours ago, MicTric said:

Dearest @MicTric , I got the scholarship. The status has just changed to Funding. But I cannot find the document of the acceptance declaration, will that be sent in upcoming days? What about you? Have you checked your portal?

Has anyone here been nominated for a DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme? 

I have been nominated by a grad school in Berlin but my status on the DAAD portal has been 'application submitted' for nearly 3 weeks now, so I wanted to see if anyone else was in the same situation. 

3 hours ago, Kafka777 said:

Has anyone here been nominated for a DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme? 

I have been nominated by a grad school in Berlin but my status on the DAAD portal has been 'application submitted' for nearly 3 weeks now, so I wanted to see if anyone else was in the same situation. 

Kafka777, we are in the same boat, buddy.  It has been almost one month since I uploaded all my documents via the DAAD portal, and my status remains the same: application submitted. Did your selection committee give you a tentative deadline for the final decision by the DAAD? In my case, end of April or beginning of May at the latest ? (I'm applying to the University of Göttingen).

Edited by SantoRichter
typo

SantoRichter, nice to see someone on the same boat as me, I have not come across many GSSP nominees so far. 

In my case, the Graduate School did not say anything about a possible deadline; they only explained that this process is more of a formality but time-consuming nonetheless. They also said that the portal had gone through some major changes this year (for instance, it did not require the reference letters) and that they would contact the DAAD for instructions. 

I uploaded my documents to the DAAD portal on 23 April, and as of today there hasn't been any change to my status. It may be a good idea to ask the Grad School about an approximate time scale, which I will do on Monday. The end of April-beginning of May deadline has largely passed, have you contacted the committee? 

My PhD programme is at the FU Berlin.

Best of luck.

1 hour ago, Kafka777 said:

SantoRichter, nice to see someone on the same boat as me, I have not come across many GSSP nominees so far. 

In my case, the Graduate School did not say anything about a possible deadline; they only explained that this process is more of a formality but time-consuming nonetheless. They also said that the portal had gone through some major changes this year (for instance, it did not require the reference letters) and that they would contact the DAAD for instructions. 

I uploaded my documents to the DAAD portal on 23 April, and as of today there hasn't been any change to my status. It may be a good idea to ask the Grad School about an approximate time scale, which I will do on Monday. The end of April-beginning of May deadline has largely passed, have you contacted the committee? 

My PhD programme is at the FU Berlin.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your message, Kafka777. I have not contacted the committee yet, but I hope to do so during the upcoming week.

In connection with the selection process, I don’t know what to think :(.  Are you sure this second stage is merely a formality? Did you confirm this information in your case? I insist on this because, unfortunately, MicTric was rejected recently. It seems to me that every GSSP board defines different guidelines depending on the university and the PhD program, so it is too difficult to decipher the whole mess. 

For the sake of our nerves, I just want this comes to an end soon. 

Good luck to you, buddy.

2 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Anybody here will be accompanied by boyfriend / girlfriend when going to Germany? For phd students I have read that we can apply for a financial subsidy by DAAD for the partner 

My husband will be accompanying me, however we will not be eligible for the subsidy since he will be working. If the partner is employed, they are not eligible, and given that the subsidy is very minimal (less than 300 euros) we wouldn't be able to make do on my stipend + subsidy alone. 

15 hours ago, Sasquatchfrails said:

My husband will be accompanying me, however we will not be eligible for the subsidy since he will be working. If the partner is employed, they are not eligible, and given that the subsidy is very minimal (less than 300 euros) we wouldn't be able to make do on my stipend + subsidy alone. 

Great :) Yes thats what I've expected, but I've also heard, the partner can still get the subsidy when earning around 450 Euros. I think this would be quite doable for someone not too capable of German (most of the employers unfortunately require a good level of German, even for dishwashing ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, LudoCec said:

Hi all, 

anyone who applied for the short-term grant?

Hi LudoCec! I ve applied for the short-term grant. My application status changed last Monday from "Preselection Made" to "Selection Made". Still waiting for any news, the wait is killing me!

3 hours ago, andres_huan said:

Hi LudoCec! I ve applied for the short-term grant. My application status changed last Monday from "Preselection Made" to "Selection Made". Still waiting for any news, the wait is killing me!

HI!! My status is still application submitted, and no news yet :( where are you applying from? By the way, I know that “selection made” should be a good sign, at least according to what I read on this post! :) 

Edited by LudoCec

On 6/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, LudoCec said:

Hi all, 

anyone who applied for the short-term grant?

Hi! I applied for the same, the waiting is killing me, does anyone know when are they going to give the results? 

9 hours ago, LABG said:

Hi! I applied for the same, the waiting is killing me, does anyone know when are they going to give the results? 

Hi! I’ve got an email one month ago saying that my application was complete and that they would have communicated the results  “within three weeks after the final meeting in June”. So I hope that we will know something soon! 

On 7/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, andres_huan said:

LudOcec or LABG have you received any news? I ve wrote to DAAD office here in Argentina and the told me that the results will be published via Portal between three or four months after the deadline. Let's keep fingers crossed!.

No, no news so far :( 

On 7/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, andres_huan said:

LudOcec or LABG have you received any news? I ve wrote to DAAD office here in Argentina and the told me that the results will be published via Portal between three or four months after the deadline. Let's keep fingers crossed!.

No news neither! But I hope we get news really soon.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, LABG said:

People, my atatus just changed to "Funding", best wishes for all!

Edited by andres_huan