DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

so i know i shouldn't compare myself to other applicants, and i know not everyone wants to share information about their program or app. but i am curious. does anyone mind giving a mini explanation about what MA program they are interested in using the funding for (school/major) or what they want to write their thesis on/do research on? Mostly interested in those doing "graduate scholarship all disciplines 2018/2019" its such a broad category, i'm curious what other people are proposing. 

all in good spirit

5 hours ago, Lentiful said:

so i know i shouldn't compare myself to other applicants, and i know not everyone wants to share information about their program or app. but i am curious. does anyone mind giving a mini explanation about what MA program they are interested in using the funding for (school/major) or what they want to write their thesis on/do research on? Mostly interested in those doing "graduate scholarship all disciplines 2018/2019" its such a broad category, i'm curious what other people are proposing. 

all in good spirit

I applied to  "graduate scholarship all disciplines 2018/2019". I am applying to Heidelberg University MA in Transcultural Studies (focused in Buddhist Studies/Philology). My favorite teacher got a Professorship at Heidelberg and asked me to go study with him. I haven't applied to the University yet, the MA starts in the Winter Semester so applications aren't open yet. Heidelberg itself is more of a sure thing because of my teacher, but I need money to live there, hence DAAD. 

I'm curious about this too - What about you? 

6 hours ago, Lentiful said:

all in good spirit

Astrophysics :)

18 hours ago, pantsbear said:

I applied to  "graduate scholarship all disciplines 2018/2019". I am applying to Heidelberg University MA in Transcultural Studies (focused in Buddhist Studies/Philology). My favorite teacher got a Professorship at Heidelberg and asked me to go study with him. I haven't applied to the University yet, the MA starts in the Winter Semester so applications aren't open yet. Heidelberg itself is more of a sure thing because of my teacher, but I need money to live there, hence DAAD. 

I'm curious about this too - What about you? 

i'm in the same boat, need money to live. I'd be studying European Studies at Humboldt University in Berlin. I'm currently a European studies major with a minor in german. i'm interested in Germany's Open door policy and the migrant crisis in Europe. My future goal is to be an International Migration Lawyer. 

1 hour ago, pantsbear said:

Oh shit - I got it! I found out literally 30m after my last post

omg wait what, how, already?????????????? in a letter an email???? tell us!! is it on the portal? are you applying from the USA? i vaguely remember you being from NZ? 

CONGRATULATIONS OMG!!!!

5 minutes ago, somethinglike said:

Congratulations! :lol:

I've been checking the DAAD Portal everyday and no change for me yet. 

same. i hope its country specific the releases and it doesn't mean doom just yet

2 hours ago, pantsbear said:

Oh shit - I got it! I found out literally 30m after my last post

and was the status "selection made" beforehand?

44 minutes ago, Lentiful said:

same. i hope its country specific the releases and it doesn't mean doom just yet

is you status already on "selection made" and since when?

24 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

and was the status "selection made" beforehand?

is you status already on "selection made" and since when?

no it  still says "application submitted"

9 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

ohhhh :o so that means it could happen anytime that we receive the "funding" status? even without "selection made" beforehand :o

no clue! gotta ask pantsbear

4 hours ago, Lentiful said:

omg wait what, how, already?????????????? in a letter an email???? tell us!! is it on the portal? are you applying from the USA? i vaguely remember you being from NZ? 

CONGRATULATIONS OMG!!!!

I'm in NZ, which, from DAAD correspondence is sorted into the Asia pacific region -- "Referat ST34 – Asien/Pazifik"

I found out in an email. It came so late at night, I had to check again this morning - now I'm obsessively re-reading the email as I can't believe it!

I hope you all find out soon!! Good luck!! I want to see you all at the language training in Germany. 

2 hours ago, pantsbear said:

I'm in NZ, which, from DAAD correspondence is sorted into the Asia pacific region -- "Referat ST34 – Asien/Pazifik"

I found out in an email. It came so late at night, I had to check again this morning - now I'm obsessively re-reading the email as I can't believe it!

I hope you all find out soon!! Good luck!! I want to see you all at the language training in Germany. 

congratulations!

15 hours ago, pantsbear said:

Oh shit - I got it! I found out languagerally 30m after my last post 

Congratulations pantsbear. Have you been sent an offer letter from daad? When does the language course start? Also what is the funding period now in your portal?

Edited by yip
added a word

10 hours ago, pantsbear said:

Congratulations. It must've been a massive relief, many of us here are still waiting to exhale. 

I know you applied for an MA scholarship, but I believe that your experiences might have been similar to doctoral applicants'. Was your funding duration changed, because mine was changed and moved to April 2019 instead of October 2018 which was initially there. Were you sent your funding letter, in the case your funding was changed prior to this, did it reflect in the letter. When is your language course scheduled to begin. 

Please reply as soon as can. 

Edited by Chike

10 minutes ago, Chike said:

Congratulations. It must've been a massive relief, many of us here are still waiting to exhale. 

I know you applied for an MA scholarship, but I believe that your experiences might have been similar to doctoral applicants'. Was your funding duration changed, because mine was changed and moved to April 2019 instead of October 2018 which was initially there. Were you sent your funding letter, in the case your funding was changed prior to this, did it reflect in the letter. When is your language course scheduled to begin. 

Please reply as soon as can. 

Nothing changed in the portal. It still reads as "Application Submitted" - at least in the place I have been checking. The email I got is a preliminary notification - apparently DAAD will send the "Letter of Award" including the financial details and all other necessary documents via DAAD portal after I confirm that I will accept the scholarship.

Dates of language course: "Starting date of your scholarship will be the 01.10.2018. The  fellowship includes a two months free-of-charge German language course which usually takes place prior to the fellowship in Germany (August/Sep. 2017)."

I hope your countries start notifying you all soon!. 

8 hours ago, pantsbear said:

Nothing changed in the portal. It still reads as "Application Submitted" - at least in the place I have been checking. The email I got is a preliminary notification - apparently DAAD will send the "Letter of Award" including the financial details and all other necessary documents via DAAD portal after I confirm that I will accept the scholarship.

Dates of language course: "Starting date of your scholarship will be the 01.10.2018. The  fellowship includes a two months free-of-charge German language course which usually takes place prior to the fellowship in Germany (August/Sep. 2017)."

I hope your countries start notifying you all soon!. 

do you have any prior knowledge of German? cause like if they're not giving you funding for the two months you have to do the language class isn't that kind of annoying?

7 hours ago, Lentiful said:

do you have any prior knowledge of German? cause like if they're not giving you funding for the two months you have to do the language class isn't that kind of annoying?

No, I'm studying intro level German this semester in NZ, and that's it. I had asked to be considered for an intensive German class so I'm glad. I imagine if you're fluent it would be annoying - but at least it's in Germany so you will be able to enjoy whatever city it's in.