DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

2 hours ago, Abadan said:

Hi all, applied for master's, my status is "selection made", checking daad portal account everyday, preparing myself for a rejection.....still have some hopes, wish you all best lucks, I am sure you deserve it !!!

Congrats!! Have you received any email? Or your status has just been changed in the portal?

Has anybody's status who applied for the doctoral scholarship gone from selection made to funding. Please inform the rest of us expectantly waiting as soon as this change occurs. It will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

15 minutes ago, Chike said:

Has anybody's status who applied for the doctoral scholarship gone from selection made to funding. Please inform the rest of us expectantly waiting as soon as this change occurs. It will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

When did your status change  to selection made? I still have paper copies receive

Edited by Aline1995

5 hours ago, Abadan said:

My funding dates had changed from 1.10.2018 -1.10.2020 to 1.10.2018 - 30.09.2020.... Guess it had changed today.....

mine changed from those exact dates also to those exact dates!!!!!!   But they changed that a few weeks ago. It still says "application submitted" . I'm applying from the USA

Edited by Lentiful

6 hours ago, Chike said:

mine is still application submitted

Has anyone heard of anyone who applied twice and got accepted the second time?

I have a feeling I am rejected since it still says application submitted and the funding period hasn't changed.

Last year I was rejected but was told that I came very close and the committee gave me 8.70/10 points, whatever that means. I have done a lot of things to improve my resume and this year I thought I might win the award.

I am applying for a physics master (graduate scholarship for all applicants through Daad New York).

I was wondering if applicants would share their background (such as GPA, Major, Uni, GRE scores, Region, Target University, Undergrad institution, etc) and the specific scholarship applied for since this would serve as a good reference for future applicants.

There is a good example in the link below, and I think the template they have would be very useful here:

http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99428&sid=ec958c86010abe47cbb75a2f6d106162

I found no such information in the forums entailing Daad in this website.

7 hours ago, Lentiful said:

mine changed from those exact dates also to those exact dates!!!!!!   But they changed that a few weeks ago. It still says "application submitted" . I'm applying from the USA

Well...I'm little confused, guess the process in each region works independently from each others, hope you will receive it !

2 hours ago, Nonholonomic said:

I have a feeling I am rejected since it still says application submitted and the funding period hasn't changed.

Should the funding period need to change in order to be accepted? I put my funding period as 1.10.2018 to 30.9.2020 and I wouldn't expect them to change it because it's correct already... 

31 minutes ago, somethinglike said:

Should the funding period need to change in order to be accepted? I put my funding period as 1.10.2018 to 30.9.2020 and I wouldn't expect them to change it because it's correct already... 

Yours probably don't need to change. Mine are 1.10.18 to 1.8.20.

4 hours ago, Nonholonomic said:

Has anyone heard of anyone who applied twice and got accepted the second time?

Last year I was rejected but was told that I came very close and the committee gave me 8.70/10 points, whatever that means. I have done a lot of things to improve my resume and this year I thought I might win the award.

I am applying for a physics master (graduate scholarship for all applicants through Daad New York).

My funding period changed but I am still on paper copies receive status. Whatever that means! I think a status change doesn’t tell us anything about acceptance or rejection 

3 hours ago, somethinglike said:

They usually change the dates for doctoral candidates who are not aware of the 6 month language course. 

There are still no changes in my application status and dates. My application status is- "application submitted"  and dates which I put from  01.10.2017 to 30.05.2020 during my application has not been changed at all. 

14 minutes ago, Nabin said:

There are still no changes in my application status and dates. My application status is- "application submitted"  and dates which I put from  01.10.2017 to 30.05.2020 during my application has not been changed at all. 

I have no change in status neither. Guess it depends on the region!

20 minutes ago, Austine said:

Have you confirmed if the unchanged status is the same for applicants in your country?

I don’t know any other applicants from my country (Costa Rica)

did your status meanwhile change to selection made?

Edited by Aline1995

17 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

I don’t know any other applicants from my country (Costa Rica)

did your status meanwhile change to selection made?

Yes, my status is now "selection made" and It is the same with an applicant from my country. Our funding period now reads 01.10.2018 to 30.09.2019. We have both been experiencing the same change of status all this while

Edited by Austine

5 minutes ago, Austine said:

Yes, and It is the same with an applicant from my country. We have both been experiencing the same change of status all this while

ok, I fear it means I am rejected already because other than the changed funding period nothing has changed for me

6 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

ok, I fear it means I am rejected already because other than the changed funding period nothing has changed for me

Since you haven't gotten any negative response from DAAD, it means there is still hope. Don't conclude yet. After all, I haven't also been awarded. We are just being hopeful that it comes out positive at the end.

4 minutes ago, Austine said:

Since you haven't gotten any negative response from DAAD, it means there is still hope. Don't conclude yet. After all, I haven't also been awarded. We are just being hopeful that it comes out positive at the end.

Yes, I can just wait .. sucks that it takes them so much time. I have scrolled up a bit and saw that also some applicants from your country received rejection already, right? I think in that case might be sure you will get it 

18 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Yes, I can just wait .. sucks that it takes them so much time. I have scrolled up a bit and saw that also some applicants from your country received rejection already, right? I think in that case might be sure you will get it 

Yes you are right. An applicant mentioned that someone from my country received a regret mail from DAAD last week. So lets still be hopeful since we haven't received such message. It is not over until it is over.

Edited by Austine