DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

22 hours ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

I got an email last week from DAAD India office that I got the scholarship I applied for. It seemed like a generic email. Was told that Bonn will take over further procedures. I can't believe it till I get the official letter! 

And am sure the decisions are still being made. They were very particular that we shdnt share results online. Guess some kind of wait lists is there.

Stay strong everyone.

Did they ask you to reply by 14th?

4 minutes ago, Nabin said:

Portal starts working again. No changes in my application status at all. What about yours?

Yes the portal is accessible again, but no changes in my application status as well, it still says "selection made"

6 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

No portal update here too..I asked the DAAD India office when we can expect official communications and they told "in a month or so"...

Thanks for the information!

So does it mean we should hear the update around April?

9 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

No portal update here too..I asked the DAAD India office when we can expect official communications and they told "in a month or so"...

Thats late! I was asked to confirm my acceptance as soon as possible so they can send me all further information:huh:

9 minutes ago, qrn_w said:

Thanks for the information!

So does it mean we should hear the update around April?

I guess so. Not to be insensitive, but that another long wait, before we can start procedures for applications, visa and stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Thats late! I was asked to confirm my acceptance as soon as possible so they can send me all further information:huh:

I was asked the same too through email. To confirm if I accept. But it was a preliminary enquiry and that my response will be communicated to Bonn office which will start further procedures. That "sending further information" is probably going to be in April..:mellow:

44 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

I guess so. Not to be insensitive, but that another long wait, before we can start procedures for applications, visa and stuff. 

I was asked the same too through email. To confirm if I accept. But it was a preliminary enquiry and that my response will be communicated to Bonn office which will start further procedures. That "sending further information" is probably going to be in April..:mellow:

Ohhhh :( however, the lady that contacted me through email is already located in Bonn. Maybe you have a regional office that is sending out results etc. My regional office is not responsible for that

1 hour ago, Aline1995 said:

Ohhhh :( however, the lady that contacted me through email is already located in Bonn. Maybe you have a regional office that is sending out results etc. My regional office is not responsible for that

Then you are lucky :) No intermediate communication delays. Please do share whatever information you receive from Bonn :) 

My status went from selection made to funding today. I heaved a sigh of relief that I am sure was heard all over the world. 

Anyway, my advisor said that the official letters will be sent us in a matter of days (which could be more than 7, but we will hope for the best) as soon as they are approved. Furthermore, she told that the language training, unlike as in the years past,  will begin in June 2018 and end in September 2018, 4 months that is, hence October should see us being sent to our various institutions. 

16 minutes ago, Chike said:

My status went from selection made to funding today. I heaved a sigh of relief that I am sure was heard all over the world. 

Anyway, my advisor said that the official letters will be sent us in a matter of days (which could be more than 7, but we will hope for the best) as soon as they are approved. Furthermore, she told that the language training, unlike as in the years past,  will begin in June 2018 and end in September 2018, 4 months that is, hence October should see us being sent to our various institutions. 

Congratulation, I can feel your happiness :D

I saw that you and another applicants who got mentioned that your dates changed, mine didnt change at all, do you know why they change dates,  is there a hope to get even my dates didnt change until now? I didnt apply for language training, I have B1/B2 German knowledge.

I applied for PhD, from Balkan.

17 minutes ago, Miskra said:

I saw that you and another applicants who got mentioned that your dates changed, mine didnt change at all, do you know why they change dates,  is there a hope to get even my dates didnt change until now? I didnt apply for language training, I have B1/B2 German knowledge.

I'm from the Balkans and I think my dates have changed, but I'm not 100% sure. I also got an e-mail saying that they have chosen me for the scholarship and asked me to confirm that I am still interested in it, but my status on the portal hasn't changed. I applied for Master studies though.

On a side note, does anyone know if getting the scholarship increases my chances of getting accepted into uni? Do universities care for it? 

Edited by angryconsultant

6 minutes ago, angryconsultant said:

I'm from the Balkans and I think my dates have changed, but I'm not 100% sure. I also got an e-mail saying that they have chosen me for the scholarship and asked me to confirm that I am still interested in it, but my status on the portal hasn't changed. I applied for Master studies though.

On a side note, does anyone know if getting the scholarship increases my chances of getting accepted into uni? Do universities care for it? 

I think that increase chances, everyone for who I heard that got scholarship were accepted, so good luck and congratulation :)

When you got email?

1 hour ago, Miskra said:

I once saw here an MSc applicant, from New Zealand, who said his status didn't change until it suddenly changed to funding and he was sent his official funding documents at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Chike said:

I once saw here an MSc applicant, from New Zealand, who said his status didn't change until it suddenly changed to funding and he was sent his official funding documents at the same time.

Thanks for giving me hope :-) 

3 hours ago, Miskra said:

Dates only change when you did not enter a one year period at the time of application. for example i entered the whole period for phd (3 years) and they changed it to one year, so if you already entered one year, they wont change it. and in my case they asked me if i want to participate in language training

and also concerning status / dates changes.. there seems to be no "frame" which they follow. they always seem to do something different with all applicants.

Edited by Aline1995

1 hour ago, qrn_w said:

My application status has just went from "selection made" to blank.

Does anyone know what this means?

It means that you are about to see some changes in your status. Good luck.