11 hours ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

so CUNY vs UCI?

Thanks!
Yeah, it looks like that so far. I'm trying to arrange a visit on both before I make a decision.

How about you, any good news?

I have seen a few people getting admits to the University of Toronto CS grad program. They started sending out their results in early February and have also interviewed some people . I haven't heard anything, neither have I had an interview.  So is it safe to say that my application is rejected and the decision is a mere formality now.

Edited by terminator

On 2/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, Luptior said:

Anyone has updates on Duke CS PhD? I see someone got interview and someone received offer without interview, that makes situation complicated...

Did you get invited to visit? They sent out invitations a few weeks ago to visit earlier this month for North American candidates. I'm not sure if they had anything for international candidates, so I wouldn't worry if that's the case.

BTW, I am the one who posted an admission without an interview. I was unable to attend the visit weekend and was surprised to hear from them so soon based on data from previous years, which show that decisions were all sent out in March. I think maybe I heard from them earlier because they nominated me for a scholarship that I then had to fill out an application for. 

Regardless, past data shows them sending out decisions in March so I think there is still hope. Good luck!

20 hours ago, torchic said:

Haven't heard anything from UCSD, UMD, UChicago. I am ready for their rejects in March :) 

Well same here. The application says Under Review for almost a month now and there are many acceptance posters here..so looks lyk a rejection sadly 

19 hours ago, cabbysaurus said:

Did you get invited to visit? They sent out invitations a few weeks ago to visit earlier this month for North American candidates. I'm not sure if they had anything for international candidates, so I wouldn't worry if that's the case.

BTW, I am the one who posted an admission without an interview. I was unable to attend the visit weekend and was surprised to hear from them so soon based on data from previous years, which show that decisions were all sent out in March. I think maybe I heard from them earlier because they nominated me for a scholarship that I then had to fill out an application for. 

Regardless, past data shows them sending out decisions in March so I think there is still hope. Good luck!

I didn't get a invitation to campus visit, I just tried to convince myself because I've taken a grad level CS class at duke and have a recommendation letter from Duke professor so they think there is no need to do that, lol. 

Thanks for your info!