Fall 2018 Admission

deleteaccount

11 hours ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

this is very true.  i have an anonymous source that told me mass notifications will be deployed starting Wednesday 2/7

Which school is this mass notification for?

13 hours ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

it worries me too.  maybe too many applicants

do you have a POI there?

I wrote down three I'd be interested in working with. One of my recommenders used to work there, so I'm hoping that will be helpful. We'll see.

Edited by eighty8keys

1 hour ago, eighty8keys said:

No, I'm not.

This is going to be an interesting, possibly life-changing week.

me neither.  I read somewhere on here that we are 5x more likely to be admitted than international applicants....

yes, it well be! USC is my dream school.  Will you choose Stanford or CMU over USC if you get in either one?  those are better in rankings?

22 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

me neither.  I read somewhere on here that we are 5x more likely to be admitted than international applicants....

yes, it well be! USC is my dream school.  Will you choose Stanford or CMU over USC if you get in either one?  those are better in rankings?

I'll talk more about preferences if I'm blessed and get into any of these schools.

5 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

thanks!

looks like we should be hearing from them as soon as tomorrow :)

where did you apply fam?

I applied to Utah, Rutgers, USC, CU Boulder, CMU, CalTech and Dynamical Neuroscience at UCSB. 

The one poster might have the intention to spread rumour (MIT posters last week were accusing some people of this too.) since it is uncommon to get a result on a Sunday, or it could be a genuine result reported late. I hope we have the results soon. I am travelling this week and I hope that I have the results before then, otherwise it would be on my mind. Good luck to you :)

4 minutes ago, you_will_get_in_fam said:

I applied to Utah, Rutgers, USC, CU Boulder, CMU, CalTech and Dynamical Neuroscience at UCSB. 

The one poster might have the intention to spread rumour (MIT posters last week were accusing some people of this too.) since it is uncommon to get a result on a Sunday, or it could be a genuine result reported late. I hope we have the results soon. I am travelling this week and I hope that I have the results before then, otherwise it would be on my mind. Good luck to you :)

wow CMU & CalTech!!!!  it'll be a tough one if you are accepted to those and have to make the decision yourself

i can't wait another week! i'm going INSANE!!!!!

thanks fam! best of luck to you too :)