Fall 2018 Admission

deleteaccount

On 2/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, chances said:

I am an international student and I've also applied to CMU MLD & LTI and got no responses.

In fact, I found that my supplementary video for LTI was not even opened. (YouTube has analytics features.)

Looks like I should be prepared for the worst.

Surprisingly, I've received the admission to CMU LTI MS!!

3 minutes ago, chances said:

Surprisingly, I've received the admission to CMU LTI MS!!

Same here. I'm just worried. I was hoping to get into the PhD program. I'm concerned about the lack of guaranteed funding. Also, if I go to LTI and I want to do my PhD elsewhere, what was already a 6 year process will likely turn into 8 years. It's hard because I'm thankful that I have an option, but it's not the option I was hoping for.

3 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

seriously!!!  i am about to go to USC campus and ask wassup.  are they on vacation?  :( 

I believe they were delayed by the fires that had happened earlier. I had the chance to talk to a UCSB prof and he mentioned that their process was delayed, so I believe LA also might have experienced delay because of that. CalTech is also late as compared to last year, so this explanation might have some merit.

13 minutes ago, you_will_get_in_fam said:

I believe they were delayed by the fires that had happened earlier. I had the chance to talk to a UCSB prof and he mentioned that their process was delayed, so I believe LA also might have experienced delay because of that. CalTech is also late as compared to last year, so this explanation might have some merit.

you have a point.... i understand UCSB or maybe CalTech that may be closer to the fire/mudslides... but USC is near downtown LA....  what is the hold up???????  arrrghh!!!!

i hope my source is right about Wednesday being the release day :( 

36 minutes ago, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

thanks for the website

USC rank #8 in SE but overall, #13... should i go specifically for SE (which is lower than my 2nd choice UCI) or go for overall (higher than UCI)?

If you are in the US, the departments will probably have you visit them to help your decision. That'll be a good chance to look at the things that matter to you and can't be gauged from their websites, like culture/the city/the prof's working style and so on.

On 1/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, collegesista said:

Thank you and no, I didn't. I've only received interview requests from Emory.

Hello, when did Emory send out the interview? What is the interview date?

Man... Waiting isn't fun, but now I just feel so... I don't even know how to describe it. I guess, for other schools that had later projected dates, I'm chill about. But some of my schools have blown past their dates from last year, and I have no idea when to expect anything now. I'm hoping I hear soon. We have to RSVP for the LTI open house by next Monday, and as it's not my preferred option, I'd like to know whether it would be worth me visiting.

18 minutes ago, eighty8keys said:

Man... Waiting isn't fun, but now I just feel so... I don't even know how to describe it. I guess, for other schools that had later projected dates, I'm chill about. But some of my schools have blown past their dates from last year, and I have no idea when to expect anything now. I'm hoping I hear soon. We have to RSVP for the LTI open house by next Monday, and as it's not my preferred option, I'd like to know whether it would be worth me visiting.

do you have to travel far? where are you right now?