Fall 2018 Admission

deleteaccount

20 hours ago, Bigcat1993 said:

I also want to ask when did Emory send out the interview? I haven't received any news from Emory and I'm so nervous!!! @Luptior I applied the same program as yours. Did you receive anything from Emory?

I asked the admission office because my LORs arrived later than ddl, they said my application is still under evaluation and should be finished within this week. I don't know if they had interview sent out. Pretty nervous.

1 hour ago, Luptior said:

I asked the admission office because my LORs arrived later than ddl, they said my application is still under evaluation and should be finished within this week. I don't know if they had interview sent out. Pretty nervous.

You mean ALL applicants' evaluations should be finished within this week? That really makes me nervous now!! 

3 minutes ago, Bigcat1993 said:

You mean ALL applicants' evaluations should be finished within this week? That really makes me nervous now!! 

I'm not sure if she means all or just for my case. Another sad story is, I just heard from my friend, Emory CSI program has already held interviews earlier...

38 minutes ago, Luptior said:

I'm not sure if she means all or just for my case. Another sad story is, I just heard from my friend, Emory CSI program has already held interviews earlier...

Sigh... Did you use www.opus.emory.edu to check your decision letter? Probably they don't directly send the rej letter by email..... My decision status is still not available.  

Guys, help me with something. They sent me this email:

Thank you for submitting your application to the School of Engineering & Applied Science. We would like to extend an offer of admission however your application is missing your official TOEFL score report from ETS.

Forget about the TOEFL, I will sort it out. Does that mean that they will make me an offer of admission? I am literally dumb now and I just want to clarify it :P

Edited by TheStLucas

2 hours ago, TheStLucas said:

Guys, help me with something. They sent me this email:

Thank you for submitting your application to the School of Engineering & Applied Science. We would like to extend an offer of admission however your application is missing your official TOEFL score report from ETS.

Forget about the TOEFL, I will sort it out. Does that mean that they will make me an offer of admission? I am literally dumb now and I just want to clarify it :P

USC?

27 minutes ago, Bigcat1993 said:

Congrats!!! Did your friend in Emory CSI know how many applicants in this year? Last year there are about 100 applicants and the department provides 30 offers. 

He has no idea about the final nums. He just visited Emory thru biostat dept but his POI is in both CSI&Bios and told him that CSI has already held onsite interviews.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:00 PM, there_is_a_so_long_wait said:

Question....

is waitlisted WORSE than having no answer? or are they the same?

I believe they are the same

I believe that if you don't get offer in the first round and the status still says something like "under review", then you are waitlisted.

2 hours ago, tanrap said:

Does anybody know how Software innovation track is at Oregon State University? The univ is ranked 11 in Software engineering in csrankings.org..

I don't know about this specific program but according to their website, it seems to be a professional master program. CSRankings.org is purely based on professor's publication and mainly for PhD applicants. For professional masters, it's better for you to check on their placement report or do some research on linkedin.

Edited by Luptior
typo