Let’s just TALK about it...

LolJustAdmitMe

7 minutes ago, haohaohao said:

I dreamed about two rejections in each year when I applied my Masters in 2011 and 2012, each time "successfully" predicted the real result! 

Let's hope my dream about getting in turns out right this time! *fingers crossed*

On 2/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, LibraryLivingJT said:

UPDATE: Was accepted to University of Delaware! 

First ever acceptance! Third round of applications - don't give up if you really want it!

Congratulations!

hi friends! Gotta spill.

Alright. So my top choice for grad school is the university I am currently at. I know most of the profs in my program, I know most of the graduate faculty etc... In fact, one of the graduate faculty wrote me a letter of recommendation.

However, my school is extremely difficult to get into (for grad school) because there are only 6 spots. I keep getting told over and over again that the applicants vary from year to year and some just have more experience than others straight out of undergrad. I understand that if I get rejected it doesn't necessarily mean I am not qualified.. just that there are only 6 spots.

Anyway, I am scared sh*tless to get rejected from my current school. 

What makes it worse is that I have class this quarter with the professor that wrote me a letter of recommendation....!! I'm trying to proactively cope and figure out how I am going to handle going to class everyday if I get rejected from here... ugh! Also I'm just so sad and terrified of letting her down. :(

It's quite likely that this is what will end up happening - just because I am trying to get in right out of undergrad... but I figure I have somewhat of a decent shot at getting an interview maybe?

Anyway, this felt good. Send any tips or advice you have :)))

16 hours ago, officialcranberries said:

I've had daydreams for months of getting into my top choice and only nightmares of getting rejected<_<

I've been daydreaming about getting into my top program so hard that I have to constantly keep reminding myself that it hasn't happened (yet), haha.

1 hour ago, pataka said:

I've been daydreaming about getting into my top program so hard that I have to constantly keep reminding myself that it hasn't happened (yet), haha.

YESSS I totally feel this! Every time my e-mail dings on my phone I'm like "YES this is my dream PI finally accepting me!" and then it's just a stupid advertisement.

PS good luck for UMN, I did my undergrad there and it has a fantastic clinical program and Minneapolis is an amazing city to live in. Sending good vibes your way! :)

51 minutes ago, surprise_quiche said:

I got an email with the subject line being "Accept..." in the preview. It was just spam from another university saying "Accepting Applications Now!"

Goddamn clickbait.

this has been pissing me off too!!!

2 hours ago, surprise_quiche said:

I got an email with the subject line being "Accept..." in the preview. It was just spam from another university saying "Accepting Applications Now!"

Goddamn clickbait.

Likewise, any email in my inbox that isn't grad news semi-engrages me, lol. I get job posts from recruiters and whatnot, and no matter how much I put into the spam folder, BS seeps through. Ugh!

16 hours ago, Bayesian1701 said:

Anyone else think we need a decision version of this thread to separate the waiting freakouts from the decision freakouts to avoid worsening the anxiety of those still waiting?

Yes! Is there one? Two days ago I was sulking about having no acceptances but now I'm freaking out about making my official decision! I think I know which to go with, but my PI/lab mates/family have been encouraging me to give myself a few weeks to decide. 

2 hours ago, grubyczarnykot said:

Did you apply to Princeton's HoS department? It's my best fit and I'm dying waiting for the decision.

Yep, history of science it is! I guess the decisions of both Harvard and Princeton may come out very soon, based on the results last year....

8 minutes ago, realllllJulia said:

Every week can be the toughest ever. It's Thursday night now, AGAINNNNNNN.

I agree!!!!!! Everyday, after 4pm Chicago time, I tell myself, stop checking emails because east coast schools are off work!

Friday and Monday are the most terrifying days! I got my rejection letter on a Friday early afternoon! 

So everyone else has received an acceptance (or in one case, rejection) from Davis but I've heard nothing. They never even sent me an ID number. So, today I messaged them and managed to get my ID and sign up for an account to check my admissions status. It has yet to recognize that I have an app, so I'm still in the dark. I don't even think I want to go here anymore (especially after this fiasco), but I want to know my status. -__-

9 hours ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

So everyone else has received an acceptance (or in one case, rejection) from Davis but I've heard nothing. They never even sent me an ID number. So, today I messaged them and managed to get my ID and sign up for an account to check my admissions status. It has yet to recognize that I have an app, so I'm still in the dark. I don't even think I want to go here anymore (especially after this fiasco), but I want to know my status. -__-

When my wife was applying to schools a few years ago, one of the programs finally notified her of rejection in September! Needless to say, she was less than thrilled with the organizational ability at that school...

@sprklinthe Other than one program that I know only starts scheduling interviews in mid-February, I'm mentally preparing to be rejected from everywhere I haven't heard back from yet. At least I have one interview already scheduled, so at this point I'm expecting that to be my only good news.