Fall 2018 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

pinoysoc

Hey everyone! Just wanted to start this nerve-wracking thread! The first interview for the HSS @ U Penn came in today! 

Post results here, should you feel inclined, and this can be general discussion on Acceptances/Rejections/interviews as well. 

Good luck to everyone & may the odds be always in our favor!

Edited by pinoysoc

5 hours ago, rosiereal said:

Hello! I also got an interview for HSS at UPenn! Any tips?

Hey! I didn't get one, but I saw the results section. AS for interviews, I suggest brushing up on getting familiar with the department before it! Let me know if you need more help.

3 hours ago, syza said:

Congrats! Well, I applied to the HHS at Penn too but nothing yet on my side. Guess it's time to panic...

Don't worry! It's still a bit early, but don't lose hope!

• 2 weeks later...

I received a letter of acceptance via email from University of Nebraska - Lincoln this morning, pending funding. I will fly in to visit in February. Y'all, I was so scared I would not get in anywhere I have been scream-crying happy for an hour. 

15 minutes ago, RoxieB said:

I received a letter of acceptance via email from University of Nebraska - Lincoln this morning, pending funding. I will fly in to visit in February. Y'all, I was so scared I would not get in anywhere I have been scream-crying happy for an hour. 

Holy crap congratulations!!! Thats incredible -- I didn't know some programs responded that quickly.

29 minutes ago, RoxieB said:

Congrats!

44 minutes ago, RoxieB said:

Congrats, @RoxieB!

IT HAS BEGUN! LOL.

2 hours ago, RoxieB said:

Damn that's early! Congratulations @RoxieB

Also: @Ryanrichmond. Holy shit those are a lot of applications you have in your signature haha

5 hours ago, RoxieB said:

Wow congratulations @RoxieB!! Looks like the new year is starting off great for you! 

32 minutes ago, CandideCoating said:

I was not prepared for how much this is freaking me out. I applied there. No word yet. Site still says under review. Gahhhh.

Same, I applied there too and in past years, it seems like UT hasn't done interviews. Also the entry on the survey was from an international student, so perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Edited by qualsoc2018

1 hour ago, qualsoc2018 said:

Same, I applied there too and in past years, it seems like UT hasn't done interviews. Also the entry on the survey was from an international student, so perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Damn! That's a good catch! But still nerve wracking nonetheless! 

How are you holding up?

19 minutes ago, qualsoc2018 said:

I'm doing pretty well I guess, but still super nervous about everything and still worrying that I won't get in anywhere lol

We'll be fine! It looks like we have a great community on this application season. I feel the same too. I don't know how motivated I'll be if I don't get in. I just don't want to retake the GREs again!

I do admit that January to March is the worse for the acceptance/rejection letters to come out. 

12 hours ago, X.G said:

Hi, so I was the lucky one that made it to the UChicago short list. Anyone knows what kind of questions will be asked in the interview? 

Congrats!

Also, we have the very first UNC-Chapel Hill acceptance AND another Chicago interview!

26 minutes ago, CandideCoating said:

That UNC acceptance is breaking my little heart right now. The fit for me at that department is magic. I want it so bad I can literally taste it. Congrats to the person accepted - take some breaths!

Same!!! Does anyone want to claim it??