2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

Just recieved an email about my application ststais, but of course my account for Stanford still doesnt work...it takes me to my application page where I list the writer letters. 

@yzo

I know my status is the same as yours. Have you received anything positive from other universities?

37 minutes ago, ~Mufasa~ said:

I've received my first non-rejection, and it is, *Drumroll* ... a waitlist.

My POI sent a nice email to inform me. I haven't responded yet. Is there anything we waitlisted folk can do to influence the outcome? 

I would email back and say you're still very excited in the program, and for them to let you know if there's anything additional you could send over to help push you up. Maybe also send something similar to the dept's director of graduate studies!

14 minutes ago, suavesana said:

I would email back and say you're still very excited in the program, and for them to let you know if there's anything additional you could send over to help push you up. Maybe also send something similar to the dept's director of graduate studies!

Thank you!

On 2/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, AnthroPhDHopeful said:

I just got into my top choice! The joint SW/Anthro program at UMich! I can't believe it!

My Advisor is an alumna of this program!!! You will LOVE it!

Edited by Ben Merrill

6-8 years full funding at UC San Diego and I have absolutely no words, nothing is real, wow...

That being said, I've also been straight up rejected from 3 other schools, and waitlisted at a fourth master's program. CHINS UP BUTTERCUPS YOU ARE ALL DOING GREAT!

Just got admission to an unfunded MA in sociocultural anthro at Columbia after being rejected from their PhD program. Anyone with similar result?

Edited by Blaubaer

On 2/15/2018 at 4:40 PM, phyanth said:

Has anyone heard from UT-Knoxville?

I am wondering the same thing. I visited UTK near the end of January and they told me to expect a response by late February. 

3 hours ago, MJF said:

I am wondering the same thing. I visited UTK near the end of January and they told me to expect a response by late February. 

You had an interview? Or did you go and visit on your own?

On 2/1/2018 at 10:46 AM, sideeye_emoji said:

How are people feeling post-interview? I've had two so far, so I feel lucky, but I don't feel that either of them went well... at all. I feel like if anything I hurt my chances. It'll feel so rough if I come so close only to sabotage myself interview-wise...

That sounds like a bad case of nerves. I often feel that way after job interviews, school interviews, etc., only to find out that I nailed the interview and was selected. Interviews always feel awkward, and that can often make you feel as though you didn't do well. However, try to think about it logically rather than emotionally. I'm sure you did just fine. It's a big deal to even land the interview! Keep your head up and be proud of what you've accomplished :)

23 hours ago, Choas said:

Texas A&M posted their decision on their website, if anyone else was waiting. First response and it's a rejection, so definitely stings.

Keep your chin up! One rejection may be followed by a bunch of acceptances and interviews. You got this!

Hey guys! Those of you who have heard back from Texas A&M would you mind sharing your subfield? I just saw the results posted yesterday but I still haven't heard anything.

23 minutes ago, Alynnh said:

Hey guys! Those of you who have heard back from Texas A&M would you mind sharing your subfield? I just saw the results posted yesterday but I still haven't heard anything.

I applied for archaeology, to work with people in the CSFA. Good luck!

45 minutes ago, Alynnh said:

Hiya, I applied for arch/bioarch (POIs are in different tracks). I got an email from the grad coordinator, but my portal still says no information available.

3 hours ago, phyanth said:

You had an interview? Or did you go and visit on your own?

I was there for two weeks using the Bass collection for my undergraduate thesis. I sat and talked with a few professors while I was there.