2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

17 minutes ago, Indiana_Bones said:

Hiya, I applied for arch/bioarch (POIs are in different tracks). I got an email from the grad coordinator, but my portal still says no information available.

37 minutes ago, Choas said:

I applied for archaeology, to work with people in the CSFA. Good luck!

Thanks guys! I applied under biological for bioarch, and I've been anxiously waiting since I saw the results post last week. I've been expecting a rejection, so I went a bit crazy last night thinking I was missing the decision letter. Good luck!

13 hours ago, MJF said:

I am wondering the same thing. I visited UTK near the end of January and they told me to expect a response by late February. 

When I visited in October that was the same timeline they gave us too. It's getting harder to pretend like no news is still okay. Hopefully the fact that nothing's been posted on the results feed means they haven't released any decisions at all yet. 

13 hours ago, Blaubaer said:

Just got admission to an unfunded MA in sociocultural anthro at Columbia after being rejected from their PhD program. Anyone with similar result?

I applied to the MA program, but have yet to hear back. If you don't mind me asking, how long are they giving you to decide whether or not to accept the offer?

Guys! I have been accepted into Washington State! My top school, so I am very happy!

I got the news yesterday when I woke up...I was feeling super down lately because I had only received rejections, so I was planning to spend the weekend working on a proposal for a school in Europe. But then I saw THE e-mail....freaked out, called my mom, my friends, etc..

8 hours ago, anthrobserver said:

I applied to the MA program, but have yet to hear back. If you don't mind me asking, how long are they giving you to decide whether or not to accept the offer?

hey there! In the letter they say the deadline for submitting the tuition deposit is March 21st. Hope it helps!

1 hour ago, Blaubaer said:

hey there! In the letter they say the deadline for submitting the tuition deposit is March 21st. Hope it helps!

Thank you! That helps! I wouldn't be surprised if they started notifying MA students of their statuses after that deadline as I suppose that they are trying to determine how many MA slots will go out to PhD applicants.

Does anyone know if it is a standard procedure for departments to notify PhD applicants of their statuses before Masters students?

7 hours ago, EvelynD said:

Guys! I have been accepted into Washington State! My top school, so I am very happy!

I got the news yesterday when I woke up...I was feeling super down lately because I had only received rejections, so I was planning to spend the weekend working on a proposal for a school in Europe. But then I saw THE e-mail....freaked out, called my mom, my friends, etc..

Congratulations!  I'm so happy things have worked out for you this cycle!

54 minutes ago, buru said:

Hey everyone! Those of you who got interview request from CUNY would you mind sharing your subfield and details of the email? 

I haven't posted on the results page yet, but I got an email from CUNY. It was the first contact I had from them, and I had kind of given up when I saw other people were emailed a few weeks ago about interviews. Mine was a pretty generic form asking to set up time for a conversation over skype. He didn't say interview, but I guess that's what it will be?

The email just described the details of how many they want to admit and asked if I was still interested/need funding. 

My subfield is cultural. 

19 minutes ago, socioculturalpath said:

I haven't posted on the results page yet, but I got an email from CUNY. It was the first contact I had from them, and I had kind of given up when I saw other people were emailed a few weeks ago about interviews. Mine was a pretty generic form asking to set up time for a conversation over skype. He didn't say interview, but I guess that's what it will be?

The email just described the details of how many they want to admit and asked if I was still interested/need funding. 

My subfield is cultural. 

Congratulations! I hope your interview will go great. Since I haven't got anything from them, I should assume rejection. 

Officially rejected from the MA program that I didn't apply for at Stanford. Where does that 125 go?! Can they at least fix their system? 

I am waiting on UMASS Amherst, but it seems like Berkeley may be the one...funding info please come soon.

3 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

PSA: UGA has an abysmal level of funding this year so won't be taking as many students as they'd like. Dunno when they'll send decisions, though.

Thanks for the heads up; waiting to hear from them. How'd you find out?

Is anybody else at the phase where they're just starting to get twitchy with the lack of responses so far? I feel like I'm going crazy! Even after the one rejection I got I just felt numb because I felt like it had taken so long! If anyone needs me I'll just be over here and complaining to the Boas only I can see...

32 minutes ago, towerbridge said:

Is anybody else at the phase where they're just starting to get twitchy with the lack of responses so far? I feel like I'm going crazy! Even after the one rejection I got I just felt numb because I felt like it had taken so long! If anyone needs me I'll just be over here and complaining to the Boas only I can see...

Right there with you. Also... is this the Boas you can see?

Image result for franz boas