phyanth

2018 Interviews and Results Thread

I'm trying my best to sit on my hands and -not- call anywhere for updates, but... I'm so tempted. Especially for the places that have their graduate school review AFTER the department has forwarded them their choices. Somehow calling the graduate school feels less intrusive than calling the department...

Any UT Austin ( general or Cultural)  applicants out there? Saw that rejections started coming in yesterday to some UT Austin people. Havent heard anything and very nervous!! 

Congrats to all with acceptances!

Edited by Evilbunny

2 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

I'm trying my best to sit on my hands and -not- call anywhere for updates, but... I'm so tempted. Especially for the places that have their graduate school review AFTER the department has forwarded them their choices. Somehow calling the graduate school feels less intrusive than calling the department...

Where are you waiting to hear from?

2 hours ago, scarseed said:

Does anyone know how many sociocultural folks were accepted at Columbia? I've seen a few results posted here but wonder if someone caught word of an actual number from the dept.

I'm aware of two, but generally they accept 8 total, usually 1-2 in arch.

5 hours ago, MJF said:

3 hours ago, MJF said:

they were in our shoes at one point!

Except worse: they had to wait for snail mail!:blink:

Edited by smallaxe

2 hours ago, Indiana_Bones said:

20 minutes ago, smallaxe said:

Except worse: they had to wait for snail mail!:blink:

That actually seems better! At least you can’t obsessively check all day!