2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

Do you think it would be a bad idea to send an email to Stanford graduate program director and ask for timeline for decision? I also wanna know if they handle sociocultural and archaeology separately or if they (did/will) interview archaeology applicants. I don't think she will give a clear answer, but I just can't stand this soul-crushing process...

21 minutes ago, Mofanthrooo said:

Do you think it would be a bad idea to send an email to Stanford graduate program director and ask for timeline for decision? I also wanna know if they handle sociocultural and archaeology separately or if they (did/will) interview archaeology applicants. I don't think she will give a clear answer, but I just can't stand this soul-crushing process...

Hi I actually did send her an email some time wayyy back! But she didn't reply :/ Guess you could try! My guess is that they (the graduate coordinators) are probably already swarmed by the large amounts of email flooding in (prolly all asking about decision outcomes, setting of interviews etc) to even reply. But you can try too, and keep the rest of us here posted! :)

1 hour ago, Mofanthrooo said:

It seems you're volunteering as tribute! If so, yes go ahead and do so, haha. 

The grad cord person actually responded to me twice during the app process. She is quite nice. I am not dying to hear from Stanford because I feel it's a no, but yeah.

FYI to those who applied to UT-Knoxville: I talked with someone in the Anth dept, who let me know that they are finalizing decisions today and will be notifying everyone next week. 

This is going to be a very long weekend...

25 minutes ago, phyanth said:

FYI to those who applied to UT-Knoxville: I talked with someone in the Anth dept, who let me know that they are finalizing decisions today and will be notifying everyone next week. 

Hang in there! I did not apply to UT-Knoxville but I'm also currently still waiting on 7 decisions; feels like forever. And of them include Yale, Berkeley, Harvard - schools that I had not receive interview requests for (and which I'm taking an absence of interview to imply an implicit rejection), and so far, a first rejection from Princeton. Honestly I hope they release their decisions soon! Be they rejections or whatnots. 

Apologies for the ranting whoops! But still, all the best, the weekend will whizz pass in the blink of an eye! There are some good movies out now, go catch em if you haven't! ;)

Omg.....I got the Enhanced Graduate Scholar Award for Penn State...my funding offer just jumped...a lot...holy shit  (Follow your dreams, kids, and you too may someday be crying in your office unable to believe that people think you're smart and capable)   

3 hours ago, phyanth said:

My eye will suddenly not stop twitching. Fireworks going off inside my head...Good luck to everyone who applied!

On 2/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, lululime said:

Similarly wondering if I should give up hope on UCLA? I've only seen two acceptances and last year they seemed to (mostly) come out within the same week...

I'm wondering about this too.

Any word?

5 minutes ago, Indiana_Bones said:

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS. I just got an acceptance from Texas A&M!!! I had written the weekend off already... got the email around 5:30. I am in shooooock (but so jazzed!).

AHHHHHH I’m so happy for you!!! :) you deserve it!!

6 hours ago, Archaeodan said:

Omg.....I got the Enhanced Graduate Scholar Award for Penn State...my funding offer just jumped...a lot...holy shit  (Follow your dreams, kids, and you too may someday be crying in your office unable to believe that people think you're smart and capable)   

Congratulations!! I have no doubt that it's completely deserved!!

18 hours ago, jackofclubs said:

Saw someone got into William and Mary!!! Congrats. 

Does this mean if I haven't gotten an email to expect bad news? 

I'm not sure if they do the sub-fields separately or not. That admit seems early so I wouldn't give up hope yet!

31 minutes ago, AnthroScout said:

I'm not sure if they do the sub-fields separately or not. That admit seems early so I wouldn't give up hope yet!

only problem is im in the same subfield :/ The office administrator had told me that they were going to "begin reviewing applications after the 9th" And he posted on the 9th..... I'm a little confused an worried 

2 hours ago, jackofclubs said:

only problem is im in the same subfield :/ The office administrator had told me that they were going to "begin reviewing applications after the 9th" And he posted on the 9th..... I'm a little confused an worried 

I'm applying for the cultural side of the house as well and got the same email (with a follow-up the clarified no interviews). Unless this is an undergrad that they had told were a shoe-in or a similar situation, I would imagine there are still plenty of packets to review.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:37 AM, Ben Merrill said:

Admitted to UCSD for Med/Psych! Has anyone else heard anything from them?

@Ben Merrill I got into UCSD, too! I actually do medical anthro, but I got in as sociocultural because my POI is with the sociocultural faculty and I don't do psychological anthropology. My POI called me today to let me know. This is my first acceptance so far and I am soooooooooo relieved!!!  *exhales*