Jump to content
PhD_hopeful_

PhD Chemistry Fall 2018 Applicants

Recommended Posts

Hi!  I just wanted to reach out to all Fall 2018 PhD Chemistry applicants.  This thread is for discussion on contacts for interviews, acceptance, etc.  My deadlines are in January and February so I am anxiously waiting.....I am a PhD Chemistry 2018 applicant in Analytical/Forensic track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first acceptance last week. All other deadlines are 1/15 so patiently waiting on 6 more applications. I am a medicinal chemistry applicant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where were you accepted? Other people have started being accepted into the unit i applied to which is making me incredibly nervous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, this is me.. I got a rough acceptance a few weeks ago at Cambridge but..the professors industry focused and I want to go into Academia..

 

Waiting really anxiously for my other top pick, Northwestern... Man, I check the portal so often, hah.

 

I also applied to Cornell, Stanford, Berkeley, Univ. of Oregon, and Rice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2017 at 3:10 PM, gg.rose said:

Where were you accepted? Other people have started being accepted into the unit i applied to which is making me incredibly nervous. 

I was accepted to University of Rochester (in NY). It is a smaller program but the closest school to my family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undergrad Institution: Ohio University
Major(s): Forensic Chemistry
Minor(s): French
GPA in Major: 3.35
Overall GPA: 3.49
Position in Class: ? 
Type of Student: Female, domestic

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 158
V: 162
W: 4.0
S: N/A

Research Experience: Two summer internships, 1.5 years of undergrad research.

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Been working for five years since graduation, three years in my field, two years teaching English abroad.

Special Bonus Points: Female in STEM?

Applying to Where:

University of Washington - Analytical Chemistry

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor - Analytical Chemistry

University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill - Analytical Chemistry (Accepted!!)

University of Arizona - Analytical Chemistry

Edited by singinglupines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/12/30 at 5:02 PM, Fiain said:

Hey, this is me.. I got a rough acceptance a few weeks ago at Cambridge but..the professors industry focused and I want to go into Academia..

 

Waiting really anxiously for my other top pick, Northwestern... Man, I check the portal so often, hah.

 

I also applied to Cornell, Stanford, Berkeley, Univ. of Oregon, and Rice.

Hi, have you already received the official offer letter from Cambridge? I am also applying for a PhD position in Chemistry Department, but my application status has been "under review by department" for two months... I had the interview with the potential supervisor before I submitted my application, and I had another interview with the directors of graduate education and admission this week which is for their scholarship selection. I hate to wait for the results...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zbn1618 said:

Hi, have you already received the official offer letter from Cambridge? I am also applying for a PhD position in Chemistry Department, but my application status has been "under review by department" for two months... I had the interview with the potential supervisor before I submitted my application, and I had another interview with the directors of graduate education and admission this week which is for their scholarship selection. I hate to wait for the results...

Nope. I eventually decided not to attend Cambridge and informed the professor. He had basically said he would get me in had I chosen to go there.. Which I didnt, so no letters went out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/2/9 at 9:29 PM, Fiain said:

Nope. I eventually decided not to attend Cambridge and informed the professor. He had basically said he would get me in had I chosen to go there.. Which I didnt, so no letters went out.

Thanks. My application status finally changed to be "under review by degree committee" last Friday...making me excited:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.