Canadian Masters in English Lit

No love for me from McGill today. Itā€™s okay, though, because it would have been only for the ego boost. I couldnā€™t find anyone there who would be a great fit for my proposal BUT I love Montreal! Toronto and Western are killing me. Especially Toronto. Good luck to anyone else going for McGill!!!Ā 

Ā 

Oh! I did get accepted to Birmingham. Need money now! :)

8 minutes ago, RainDays said:

Also why the heck are they releasing a bunch of rejections? Maybe acceptances have already been made....?Ā  *just casually driving myself crazy at work this morning, no big deal*

I don't think they have already sent out all the acceptances (for sure on the MA level, not sure about the PhD level) based on the email that I just got yesterday.

Why is it that I have so much research to do, but yet I find myself constantly refreshing this thread and the result boards? ha ha *crying inside*

3 minutes ago, writethebeats said:

@RainDaysĀ @BlessMeWithSnowĀ also I am v grateful for this mini McGill support group we have going on here.

I am SO GRATEFUL. THANK GOODNESS I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE RIGHT NOW.Ā 

Also I feel you about the research stress. I feel like I can't start until I know the results of this app!

3 minutes ago, BlessMeWithSnow said:
5 minutes ago, BlessMeWithSnow said:

Also at work driving myself crazy. I applied to the MA program but a rejection appeared for that too. Youā€™re both PhD applicants right?

Yup, I'm a PhD applicant - and I believe the other poster is too!Ā 

6 minutes ago, BlessMeWithSnow said:

Also at work driving myself crazy. I applied to the MA program but a rejection appeared for that too. Youā€™re both PhD applicants right?

Nope, I'm an MA applicant! So that one rejection is reallyyyyyy throwing me off.

Btw, I'm a grad student finishing up in the department of English atĀ McGill. If you have questions, feel free to ask me. :) (more about the program/people rather than the admissions thing itself. I don't have much info on that).

Edited by DatGuy

4 minutes ago, DatGuy said:

Btw, I'm a grad student finishing up in the department of English have McGill. If you have questions, feel free to ask me. :) (more about the program/people rather than the admissions thing itself. I don't have much info on that).

I have questions! I applied to work with Ara Osterweil and Alanna Thain! Have you taken classes with either of them?!! How were they?! I hear such good things!Ā 

7 minutes ago, RainDays said:

I have questions! I applied to work with Ara Osterweil and Alanna Thain! Have you taken classes with either of them?!! How were they?! I hear such good things!Ā 

Good good. Are you a super cultural studies person/type? Do you like to think about the intersections between making art and producing scholarship? If so, chances are you'll like them. Both are quite popular professors in the department, though I find Alanna Thain's work/class formatĀ in particular to be on the more unorthodox of things in academia. Haven't taken classes with either since I'm a different subfield, but I have been here for both my undergraduate and masters degrees, so you can trust what I'm saying. :)

Edited by DatGuy