2018 Acceptances

Hopefully it's not too early for this...

All of my applications and the materials are in and are being reviewed; here's to the waiting game. I applied to six English rhet/comp concentration MA programs, in six different states outside my own. Good luck to everyone!!

6 hours ago, katie64 said:

Hopefully it's not too early for this...

All of my applications and the materials are in and are being reviewed; here's to the waiting game. I applied to six English rhet/comp concentration MA programs, in six different states outside my own. Good luck to everyone!!

It feels early but, I guess, it really isn't. 

Good luck, y'all - I can't wait to see what good news people share. (I keep trying to envision myself doing that and keep nervously giggling, ugh.)

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

I believe, if memory serves, that there is a particularly nice SUNY Buffalo fellowship that is offered very early in the process.  I was accepted at SUNY Buffalo and as I recall, the main body of acceptances arrived in February, so fear not.

Also, don't feel bad about not getting the nice fellowship, as SUNY Buffalo's standard compensation package is quite nice, especially given the relatively low cost of living in Buffalo!

Edited by jrockford27

26 minutes ago, katie64 said:

To lighten the mood...

I had a dream last night that I got an acceptance call from a university that I didn't apply to (that doesn't exist irl). However, I was so relieved to just be accepted somewhere, that I rolled with it. :P

Love it! When I was applying to MA programs, I had this fantastic dream that Michelle Obama called me up on this stage in front of tons of people to tell me that I had pretty much been accepted to all schools ever and that she, Barack, and the whole country were all "so proud" of me. That dream left me so damn happy that I don't even care how silly it was. :lol:

43 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Love it! When I was applying to MA programs, I had this fantastic dream that Michelle Obama called me up on this stage in front of tons of people to tell me that I had pretty much been accepted to all schools ever and that she, Barack, and the whole country were all "so proud" of me. That dream left me so damn happy that I don't even care how silly it was. :lol:

Oh my gosh. That would be THE ultimate dream! Haha

1 hour ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

I had this fantastic dream that Michelle Obama called me up on this stage

Definitely beats the dream I had the night before the GRE about showing up late to the test center, and, of course, sans pants... 

I am the Buffalo acceptance. I posted the standard package that they've offered me although they said they will nominate me for a Schomberg fellowship as well so my package offer may change. My first response from any program so far.

Edited by jelris

8 minutes ago, jelris said:

Thanks, everyone! I was very surprised to get a response this early. I figured next week would be the earliest but Buffalo is usually a pretty early responder it seems.

Definitely early but awesome. And yea, I was reading over the acceptances thread from 2017 and it seemed like Buffalo is historically early. Hopefully, we'll have a year similar to the 2017ers and receive good news early on! 

2 hours ago, jelris said:

I am the Buffalo acceptance. I posted the standard package that they've offered me although they said they will nominate me for a Schomberg fellowship as well so my package offer may change. My first response from any program so far.

Congrats!

btw, what does gpa is graduate mean?

Edited by WildeThing

Hey, everyone! Good luck to all. I am back on the forums after a hiatus and I'm happy to see this thread and at least one acceptance so far. 

Here's hoping we all hear good news soon! 

Okay so this isn't an acceptance but my husband just received an email saying that he is on the "short list" for the University of Maryland and inviting him to a Skype interview next week! We are local to the school so he's going to offer to go in person (not sure if that's an option) but I AM SO EXCITED FOR HIM!

P.S. Any PhD interview tips would be super appreciated!

Edited by punctilious

9 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Okay so this isn't an acceptance but my husband just received an email saying that he is on the "short list" for the University of Maryland and inviting him to a Skype interview next week! We are local to the school so he's going to offer to go in person (not sure if that's an option) but I AM SO EXCITED FOR HIM!

P.S. Any PhD interview tips would be super appreciated!

Congrats to your husband! Sounds like a start to a wonderful admissions cycle. Such a great school.